PDA

View Full Version : new idea

89AccordGSR
09-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Ok here my idea, ive seen people put 5th Gen Lude headlights in our 3rd Gen but ive gotta new idea to bounce off of yall. I am thinking about doing the Lude light conversion but ive seen three 3rd Gens with them so ive been thinkin about putting either some 90-93 Accord projectors or some 88-91 Honda Civic projectors. Let me know what yall think

(side note:with the civic or accord lights, i dont plan to have the corners lenses)

A20A1
09-30-2002, 04:30 PM
Hmm I'd show you a pic of the conversion... but I'm under strict orders not to... but the lights are from a 94 - 95 accord I think.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-30-2002, 04:57 PM
Ya Know!! I have been thinking about the a headlight & taillight conversion for the past month 1/2!! I even posted a poll about!! Hardly got any hits!! But one day it hit me!!! One of the reasons I the like 3geezer so much is because of the pop headlight!! So I decided not to go with that type of conversion!! I have decided to go with another type!! Hopefully I can get it 2 work!! But a rew conversions I like is the s14 , Skyline & a civic projection head light!! nice!!

Neuspeed87lx
09-30-2002, 07:31 PM
ya man i like the flip ups....

DarknessRS
09-30-2002, 10:52 PM
Personally, I'm not very into headlight/taillight swapping, unless it's for the JDM version of the same car. I still would like to do the JDM Accord fixed headlight conversion, even though everybody (including myself) thinks the pop-ups look better (I just wanna be different).

anchovies
09-30-2002, 11:45 PM
wanna be different, put a yugo front end on your ride :D
Sorry, too much magazine reading for today...

89lxi95zx7
10-01-2002, 07:27 AM
my opinion,don't get me wrong,i love the 3gs, but i hate the flip-ups!but i sport em

Grant2k
10-01-2002, 09:53 AM
as flawed as they are, i voted for the flip ups. they really are what set our cars apart when it comes down to it. and some of the best cars in the world have flip ups, so i guess they must be pretty cool.

1989se-i
10-01-2002, 10:39 AM
:bow: <Flip Ups>

89AccordGSR
10-01-2002, 02:21 PM
ok here it is, yall have made some very good points & im gonna stick with the flips but..............im gonna shave the corners, but im not sure how it will look. When i shave the corners ill probably shave pieces on the flips & the grille in the middle. Let me know what yall think(side note:ill mold a piece of sheet metal to the hood & the flips, to make it smooth)

winkie45
10-01-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
Hmm I'd show you a pic of the conversion... but I'm under strict orders not to... but the lights are from a 94 - 95 accord I think.

Is this a two door gray car with no moldings and no corners, just holes? with 97 gsr rims. if so, i see that car almost everytime i go to school. i think he must go to my school. i was wondering what lights those were. do you know that guy? it looks pretty sweet

A20A1
10-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Dana... short asian kid... spiky hair.. I hope I spelt his name right cause I only hear it. :bow:

Bobs89LXi
10-12-2002, 12:58 PM
It's good to know that I am not in the minority when it comes to the flip-up headlights. I never understood why anyone would want to convert them. It can't be a parts issue. The drive motor and linkage assemblies (the two most common failures) are interchangable with the 2 and 3G Ludes, as well as the 1G Tegs. So, if there are no 3G Accords in the junkyard, you can take them from one of the other three models. If it's a looks issue, why did you buy a 3G Accord in the first place? The 2G Tegs are running around the same price on the used car market as ours. They have the fixed, single unit projector system similar to the 4G Accord. If it is a uniquness issue, you're already there. There are very few 3G Accords left on the road that are in decent shape, and that number is dwindling rapidly as the years go by. I believe that anything other than the flip-ups on a 3G looks out of place.

2Fast_Fiero
10-12-2002, 01:00 PM
Bob, your not an operator any more, your an X lol jp.

89AccordGSR
10-15-2002, 01:19 PM
Hey uuuummmmmm bob, all i did was ask a simple question i didnt ask for your complete thoughts on the 3rd Gen Accord. Just to let ya know, maybe you havent checked out how many members there are up on the forum, but there are alot. Its not my fault that you dont like the way I want MY car. I mean to compete in the show circuit youve gotta be different. I also like to be different. I want somebody to look at my car & be like what in the world is that. You may like to stay low key but thats just not me. If someone wants to do a headlight conversion, who are you to just bomb their idea like your the creator of the Accords & what you say, goes. I hate to be blowing off steam at you but to me it basically sounded like youd rather have your car stock then do anything to it & i mean dont get me wrong the 3rd Gen Accord is a beautiful piece of art but some times you just get tired of being the only one in your crew that has stock stuff on your car. But anyway, If you didnt like the idea, all you had to say was "I dont really think you should change the flip ups". Anyway, everybody keep up the good work & all i can say is be original anyway you wont.:cool: :smokin: :pimp:

KaMiKaZeE
10-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Hey guys I have a cool idea I am thinking about for my lights. I want to construct a clear lexan cover in the same shape of our lights (when closed), and put two small round projectors in each one, similar to the ones used in 90's integras. what do ya think?

Grant2k
10-15-2002, 05:47 PM
actually i have thought of things like that and i think that would be a cool idea, espaecially if you are interested in serious racing. that would be cool for an autocross car or some kind of endurance racer.

89AccordGSR
10-16-2002, 11:44 AM
Are you talkin about an arow light kit type deal, the same kind of conversions that they do on RX-7s, NSXs, & MR2s? If so all ive gotta say man that would be tight as h***, well in my oponion. But if you do do it then please post pics because that would be sumthing that i would like to see.:D

carlessNcareless
10-16-2002, 03:28 PM
man, do sumthyn, i hate the flip lights...not only should you change headlights( i vote for 92-95 civic projectors ) but also have a 96-98 civic mugen or battle style grille molded onto the front, i think that would be awesome, ppl need to dare to be different a little more around here...

89AccordGSR
10-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Thank you Electron, finally somebody who will go the extra mile to be different. Man I thought i was alone

hondaman87
10-17-2002, 03:21 PM
what yall think about this on the 3rd gee

KaMiKaZeE
10-21-2002, 02:50 PM
That's a cool headlight hondaman, but it looks like it will require some hella body mods to fit and look right. Am I right?:banghead:

hondaman87
10-22-2002, 04:36 PM
i Don't think so, it looks preaty simple

Site
10-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by KaMiKaZeE
Hey guys I have a cool idea I am thinking about for my lights. I want to construct a clear lexan cover in the same shape of our lights (when closed), and put two small round projectors in each one, similar to the ones used in 90's integras. what do ya think?
That is a pretty sweet idea. I'd really like to see it! If the lexan could be tinted, all the better!

carlessNcareless
10-22-2002, 07:33 PM
man all youd have to do is mount those civic projectors where the flippies are then cut out the extra space on the hood to fit em, then i guess do some sheet metal work to fill in the gap on the top of the hood? then no1 would have shit on you, it wouldnt eb the lameass flippies, and it sure as hell wouldnt be no rinkie dink easy prelude headlight swap, GO FOR IT, and maybe do some G2 teg headlights ;)

Neuspeed87lx
10-22-2002, 07:38 PM
here are my mad paint skills ....haha

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/wheelsway/2/10260200.gif

hondaman87
10-23-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Neuspeed87lx
here are my mad paint skills ....haha

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/wheelsway/2/10260200.gif

nice
how long did it take u meaning body wise

and what was the cost of material like welding, grinding, filling w/ bondo, refinishing w/ putty, priming, wet sandding, prepping, masking, painting, clearing, buffing and what are the cost of paint etc... just j/k

KaMiKaZeE
10-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Um, did u seriously not know he means the program paintbrush??? It's a computer generated image he doesn't have those lights.:huh: :huh: :huh:just j/k.

Hey it's not a great job but at least you get an idea of what they could look like. And if you squint your eyes just right it kind of looks real.
;)

hondaman87
10-24-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by KaMiKaZeE
Um, did u seriously not know he means the program paintbrush??? It's a computer generated image he doesn't have those lights.:huh: :huh: :huh:just j/k.

Hey it's not a great job but at least you get an idea of what they could look like. And if you squint your eyes just right it kind of looks real.
;)

what do u think I'm stupid I know it a computer generated photo
but I wanna be technical on my joke

j/k :)

darkhonda89
10-27-2002, 07:16 PM
do the 90 -93 so i can copy lol.....

hondaman87
10-28-2002, 06:31 PM
here you are

lol

hondaman87
10-28-2002, 06:31 PM

KaMiKaZeE
10-29-2002, 02:19 PM
I think I will try to do the conversion I talked about. Does anyone know where to get some blue headlight-legal projector lamps one wide focus for lo-beam and another narrow focus hi-intensity for hi? Or just one that has two brightness levels? They need to be round and abt 2" diameter I think. I want to mount two side by side in each light and have the rest of the housing black. As I said before they will have an outer lens of formed clear plastic in the shape of our lights when closed, so as to make the light flush with the rest of the body. I don't like the way the flips look opened, because it disturbs the lines of the front. That is why I want to make these. That, and as silly as it may sound I think for racing it will give a slight edge over open flips 'cause they won't catch as much air. If you think I am joking just stick your hand out the window at 60-80mph vertically and feel the push of the wind versus holding it flat. It won't be much, but races are won by tenths or hundreths of a second sometimes, and it should be a substantially lighter replacement too.

KaMiKaZeE
10-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Also, if anyone is interested in buying these once I make mine I am thinking about it and wish to gauge possible response. If there is enough want I may submit the design to a manufacturing house and make a limited production run. (probably a minimum for this is like 100 units) So just let me know.