PDA

View Full Version : power steering auto tranny

jasonrebellion
05-19-2009, 02:32 AM
so....this is gonna sound soooo newbish.....I cannot find the auto tranny dipstick. anywhere. looking at the front of the car on the left side there is like a rubber cap thing that covers a hole...but thats it. I can't find it and it's driving me crazy. and also.....power steering. it doesn't work. i do know the pressure hose is leaking cause it smells almost like burnt oil and its dripping little by little onto the exhaust manifold shroud. I also think the pump isn't working. no noise from it or anything so i really don't know....the pump costs like a 100 bucks at autozone, so any idea on how to test it? thanks

labeledsk8r
05-19-2009, 02:37 AM
your rack most likely is leaking, or a hose is, best idea to do for now is pull the belt from the PS so you dont burn up the pump running dry till you can find the leak and fix it

and on the trans its a tiny little cap o nthe trans itself someone might have a pic to post up its normaly coverd in greasy sludge aswell makeing it harder to find lol

jasonrebellion
05-19-2009, 02:43 AM
I'm 99% sure the ps pump is shot...my pressure hose that goes across the front is leaking directly above the exhaust manifold. I'm hoping the rack isn't leaking...cause i can get the pump and the hose for like 125 from the zone

Demon1024
05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
wow i thought they were alot more than that. Every 3g ive had end ups needing a new ps pump went i get it. The rebuild kits are only like $30 at the dealer and it's not real hard to do.

Edit: wow your right! i musta look at the dealer. the rebuilds only 14 there too, but i'd use the Honda one if you go that route

jasonrebellion
05-19-2009, 11:27 AM
the pump is like 87 bucks after i take the core back and the hose is only 30....all the stuff isn't genuine honda but it does have a life time warranty so if it goes out I"ll just get another one....