PDA

View Full Version : Cruse control

Rolin' Stock
05-20-2009, 05:23 PM
my cruse control doesnt work right. i can press the cruse control button and the light above it comes on but i cant set it.

russiankid
05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Press set on the steering wheel?

Rolin' Stock
05-20-2009, 05:45 PM
yup i sure did...and i think it even says cruise on the dash but it wont set for some reason...do you think it might be a break swich...the cruse control fuse is fine

russiankid
05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Cable could have snapped off at the gas pedal. Climb under the dash and check. There should be two cables. One is directly attached, second one has a weird linkage setup with it, thats the cruise control.

lostforawhile
05-20-2009, 07:14 PM
somewhere on this site i scanned and posted the entire diagnostic procedure to fix it,i can't find it,can someone else locate it? my scanner is broke.

Rolin' Stock
05-21-2009, 07:10 PM
um i checked under the dash at the pedals and i see the way it works sorta...but no cables are broken. i dont know if the whatever it is that runs the cruise is out

Rolin' Stock
05-23-2009, 05:11 PM
o...and also i checked the wireing to the switch and its hooked up fine.

lostforawhile
05-23-2009, 05:52 PM
here you go!! all the tech info you need,i found this how to i had written http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66399

nswst8
05-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Most of the time its the rubber button plug at the clutch pedal that disintengrated. $2.10 from honda You use a 1/4 in bolt

Tommy AC89 Thailand
05-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Cruse control can be use with H22A or not?
What I have to installation?
I have just Cruse control switch.

russiankid
05-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Most of the time its the rubber button plug at the clutch pedal that disintengrated. $2.10 from honda You use a 1/4 in bolt

I just stuck a bolt in there. :lol:

Tomisimo
06-20-2009, 05:03 AM
Dos Cruise control is only for Auto or can I have it on my 5Speed?
I'd really like to install it on my car if possible.

A18A
06-20-2009, 05:21 AM
yup works on 5spd too.

Tomisimo
06-20-2009, 06:24 AM
What do I need for it? can anyone provide me with parts list? it never got to EDM marked so its kinda hard to find it here.
But I really love to have it on my car. How dos it works, if you touch accelerator pedal or brakes it switch off or you can touch both pedals and it will decelerate or accelerate to set speed after letting go of those pedals?

A18A
06-20-2009, 06:40 AM
you will need the actuator, control box, brake switch, clutch switch (optional), steering wheel switches & dash switch, and a cruise control light for your dash. possibly the pedals too, but i don't think so. maybe some other things too.
to use it, you press the button in the dash to activate it, and when you get to a certain speed you press the SET button in the steering wheel, the cruise control should keep the car at that speed, and press the brakes (or cruise control button/clutch if you have that hooked up) to turn it off. press resume for the car to go back to our set speed

lostforawhile
06-20-2009, 06:56 AM
you will need the actuator, control box, brake switch, clutch switch (optional), steering wheel switches & dash switch, and a cruise control light for your dash. possibly the pedals too, but i don't think so. maybe some other things too.
to use it, you press the button in the dash to activate it, and when you get to a certain speed you press the SET button in the steering wheel, the cruise control should keep the car at that speed, and press the brakes (or cruise control button/clutch if you have that hooked up) to turn it off. press resume for the car to go back to our set speedyes you need the entire pedal assembly, the cruise cable connects to the linkage on th4e gas pedal,only cruise cars have this linkage. you also need to tie into the speed sensor in the speedometer head, if you have a digital dash, i have no idea, on the mechanical speedo,there's a tiny reed switch inside of the speedometer head, the connection points are on the pc board for the cluster,but there's a diode missing. the two holes for the diode are there,but no diode. this connects between the reed switch and the speed sensor wire in for the cruise unit.

86ccord
06-20-2009, 07:29 PM
shoont, just do what i did.. rip that shit out.. :D

ChaseR
06-20-2009, 10:45 PM
shoont, just do what i did.. rip that shit out.. :D

I love my cruise control, use it constantly.

Nafs Asdf
06-21-2009, 02:03 AM
What do I need for it? can anyone provide me with parts list? it never got to EDM marked so its kinda hard to find it here.
But I really love to have it on my car. How dos it works, if you touch accelerator pedal or brakes it switch off or you can touch both pedals and it will decelerate or accelerate to set speed after letting go of those pedals?

We got the cruise control in Europe, but I guess it's still pretty rare. Mine has it. When you have it set you can use the accelerator pedal like normal, when you let go it goes back to the speed you have set. If you touch the brake or clutch it turns off.

Rolin' Stock
07-10-2009, 04:19 PM
i fixed it..the problem was in the brake pedal switch. it would be pushed enough to turn the break lites off but not enough for the cruise control to work...so i just turned that jank in 2 turns and it works like a dream

3gmodifier
07-10-2009, 07:53 PM
nice on the fix. i had the same problem on my old 88 sedan. by the time i fixed it, i was ready to just remove the whole system

SOHC
07-10-2009, 10:45 PM
my cruse control doesnt work right. i can press the cruse control button and the light above it comes on but i cant set it.

I got the same problem, the light on the CC switch is on but it wont come on in my dash or set, what could be my problem. it sat for a year.

Rolin' Stock
07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I got the same problem, the light on the CC switch is on but it wont come on in my dash or set, what could be my problem. it sat for a year.

well mine sat for 2 years b4 my grand dad found it....you might try driving it to speed and the seting the cruise and pull back on the brake then try setting it...if that doesnt work try doing the same thing to the clutch..

SOHC
07-11-2009, 11:59 PM
well mine sat for 2 years b4 my grand dad found it....you might try driving it to speed and the seting the cruise and pull back on the brake then try setting it...if that doesnt work try doing the same thing to the clutch..

I tried that yesterday and got no response from it, so I think that the clutch switch is gone, I'll have to get it from a donor car from the Wrecking yard.