PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak from Distributor + head gasket?

mountain_geez
05-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Well I'm new around here however on my 87 accord I purchased it and was told I had a head gasket problem due to it blowing huge piles of white smoke. Car was parked for about 1 year with no driving. I replaced the basics to revive it from the dead including plugs/flush tank/fuel filters. Car starts and runs perfect.

I did a compression test at completely cold engine and got 150psi on all 4 cylinders. It's not that great however all 4 exact? Could I have screwed up the compression test some how? Cycle approx 4 stroke cycles on each cylinder (same on each one at very least) and got same readings across the board. Does this sound like a head gasket problem? Can't get it to smoke, can't get it to overheat, also can't get it to even bubble through the radiator. I've got oil leaking out just below the distributor which I see people think that could be head gasket as well. I'm not used to even psi across the board on compression tests and having that be head gasket related ofc I'm also not used to 4 cyl engines.

Appreciate any help with this as well.
btw my oil leak looks very similar to mushroom_'s problem with his pic's in this forum. Thanks in advance.
Josh

MessyHonda
05-21-2009, 12:15 AM
yeah change out the o ring and run it till it

88LXi68
05-21-2009, 06:25 AM
distributor leak has nothing to do with a headgasket. like messy said there is an o-ring on the end of it

mountain_geez
05-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Happen to know what size the o-ring is? If possible will save me a trip when I get off work.

Rendon LX-i
05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
get a universal kit...there cheap....take it off and switich it up

88LXi68
05-22-2009, 06:13 AM
i would buy an OEM one. they can't be more than $5-7

mountain_geez
05-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Literally on a piece of rubber oem can't be made any differently. It's round and a certain size hehe. changing it today though so hopefully it'll fix the oil leaking.