PDA

View Full Version : Carbed B-series???

88bluelx
05-09-2002, 08:24 AM
Is there any way that you can run a b-series engine on a carb? I have a carbed lx and I really don't want to do a EFI swap. Any info would be helpful
Thanks

smufguy
05-09-2002, 11:48 AM
check the post that carotman posted. it says it all.

carotman
05-09-2002, 01:06 PM
There are Manifolds for the B series engines. YOu can adapt webber carbs to it. YOu could use it

PhydeauX
05-09-2002, 01:57 PM
There is a dual carb vesion of the b18a (non vtec) available that comes from some jdm accords, complete bolt in swap. Manifolds are available to mount twin dcoe carbs to the b16c and the b18a. Those are the only two that I can find, aparently vtec motors arn't as popualr to mount carbs to as other makes, at least not in the english speaking world. I hear that a few years ago (dunno if its still popular) alot or ppl in japan were running carbs, but I can't read japanese well enough to figure out if manifolds were/are available for the bseries motors. Street bike carbs were popular due to the fact that the manifolds are easier to make and the carbs performed very well. Doing a carb setup like this can get expensive. A used set of good carbs will run you at least $200 (thats for mikuni, deltro or weber 2 bbl side draft carbs, the bike carbs can be even more). If you cant locate a good manifold then you'll have to make one, its not hard any fabrication shop can do it, but expect to shell out another $200 for it (this can vary greatly depending on the shop). Then you can chalk up another atleast $200 for misc jets, parts, linkages, ect that you don't expect to add up to that much. I'me in the middle of converting my a20 to run dual weber carbs. Its a lot of work and planing and so far the total cost is at the $500 mark, and I'm building the manifold myself.

andy

CARBurn
05-09-2002, 07:19 PM
Yeah, that's what I would like my next project to be, to swap a JDM b18a, since it is a direct bolt in and all I was told you will need is the motor and tranny. Also I would be getting more power out of a smaller motor, that would be cool. And I can't forget to have some webers on to run it.

88bluelx
05-11-2002, 06:59 PM
Thats awesome that I can get it to work. What sites or companies advertise the carbed b-series manifold? Is there a JDM b20a that ran on carbs?
Thanks

PhydeauX
05-11-2002, 08:41 PM
TWM (www.twminduction.com) sells a b18a and a b16c manifold. Both manifolds are for integras so the motor has to sit like it does in an integra, strait up and down not tilted forward, for the manifold to work. There was a guy who posted pics of a jdm b20a running on a pair of dcoe carbs, the manifold was a custom job though, the engine never came carbed.

andy