PDA

View Full Version : ball joints ugh!!!!!!!

jdmca6
05-23-2009, 12:28 PM
today i went outside and popped my hood. just lookin arround here and there bored. so i jack up the car to check under and:eek:my right tire is chewed up! and with pieces missing from inside part.
i thought it was camber but the other one was fine! i decide to do a ball joint check and omg upper ball joint has tons of play.
this explains why when i brake the whole car shakes! i thought it was the discs but theyre fine.
so the question is....
should i replace the ball joint (upper) and keep on driving or .....
what should i do?!
i have no money! should i get an uca from the jy?
thanks and excuse me writting a boook

Pico
05-23-2009, 12:34 PM
the upper ball joint is part of the arm assembly on our models.
you can get inexpensive arm/ball joint assemblys at NAPA and or Ebay

jdmca6
05-23-2009, 12:46 PM
the upper ball joint is part of the arm assembly on our models.
you can get inexpensive arm/ball joint assemblys at NAPA and or Ebaytoo expensiveee!:eek:
im so broke i knw my car deserves better owner!pico do you think that a junkyard uppper control arm would do fine?
i saw a 3gee with a fairly new suspension stuff at the junkyard

Pico
05-23-2009, 01:03 PM
you may get lucky...if anything it will at least be a quick fix if your low on dollars.
I really dont recommend it but it's your choice.
Napa is asking 55.00 for the arm without bushings. you should check first and see how much the j/y wants first

jdmca6
05-23-2009, 01:15 PM
you may get lucky...if anything it will at least be a quick fix if your low on dollars.
I really dont recommend it but it's your choice.
Napa is asking 55.00 for the arm without bushings. you should check first and see how much the j/y wants first

your right i checked.
and these junkyard people think they sell gold! is so expensive but ill go check today.
. hopefully the other ones are still okay. even tho the boot is ripped in all of them.

hopefully the suspension gods are not punishing me for lowering my car the cheap way:slap:

Civic Accord Honda
05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
if u have to a junkyard one that has no play would get you by until you have the money to buy the rest... you can get kits on ebay for like $80 that comes with both upper and lower...

lostforawhile
05-23-2009, 01:41 PM
how did you lower the car?

jdmca6
05-23-2009, 02:09 PM
how did you lower the car?

i cut the springs, 3 coils and got some junkyard tokikos in front (i got lucky) and the back is stock shocks.

i get a pretty decent ride quality but soo not close if i had done it with good springs.

MessyHonda
05-25-2009, 07:34 AM
yeah...get on it....try to get a control arm off a low mileage car

cubert
05-25-2009, 01:43 PM
hopefully the suspension gods are not punishing me for lowering my car the cheap way:slap:

Well if the suspension gods dont punish you...hopefully somebody does..

Why in the world would you hack shit up like that?

2oodoor
05-25-2009, 03:46 PM
i cut the springs, 3 coils and got some junkyard tokikos in front (i got lucky) and the back is stock shocks.

i get a pretty decent ride quality but soo not close if i had done it with good springs.

um, you answered your own question?
Go to the JY dude, saves time and $$ if you shop wisely:cool:

lostforawhile
05-25-2009, 04:04 PM
if you don't do it right might as well use junkyard parts because you are going to keep tearing it up, get a couple of prelude upper arms if it's lowered,you can fix the camber then.

jdmca6
05-25-2009, 06:38 PM
im junking the car lol i got a 95 accord ex just today:cheers:
but thanks for the help you guys

Josh89accord
05-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Your broke, but just got a new car today? Ok. But ywah, your car looks nice. If your just gonna junk it, i'd just keep it as a project car or something. Or keep it around til someone buys it. def. more than the 100-200 buxks the junkyard would give ya for it.

jdmca6
05-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Your broke, but just got a new car today? Ok. But ywah, your car looks nice. If your just gonna junk it, i'd just keep it as a project car or something. Or keep it around til someone buys it. def. more than the 100-200 buxks the junkyard would give ya for it.

parents bought it for me lol.:squint:
and everytime dad sees me workin on the accord he yells and yells he just hates it cus i got the driveway dirty lol :dunno:

lostforawhile
05-25-2009, 08:42 PM
before you junk it see if someone on this site wants to buy it, i'm sure you will get more then the junkyard

jdmca6
05-25-2009, 08:49 PM
before you junk it see if someone on this site wants to buy it, i'm sure you will get more then the junkyard

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=953630#post953630
i dont think anyone wants it lol:dunno:

lostforawhile
05-25-2009, 09:43 PM
isn't it an sei? people have on here have hauled them out of junkyards in far worse shape then that,the parts alone are worth the money,like the rear disc brakes. why not keep it and make it a project

MessyHonda
05-25-2009, 11:22 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=953630#post953630
i dont think anyone wants it lol:dunno:

so what are you going to do with it?

lostforawhile
05-26-2009, 12:14 AM
so what are you going to do with it?he said he was junking it so i guess if someone offers the money he will sell it to them, pm him and find out,i hope someone buys it :dunno:

jdmca6
05-26-2009, 09:16 AM
someone pm'd me already and they comin up with 200

lostforawhile
05-26-2009, 01:44 PM

good deal,i would hate to see a nice sei go to the scrapyard, they are rare enough in ok shape

jdmca6
05-26-2009, 01:51 PM
good deal,i would hate to see a nice sei go to the scrapyard, they are rare enough in ok shape

i knw! i just wish my brother hadnt hit it but thats the whole reason the car became mine and i saved it from going to the scrap yard like 2 years ago. i got a new door and painted it nd some other stuff like vigor bar. and i spent like 50 on a tune up like 3 weeks ago, spark plugs, rotor, cap. i just didnt have enough for wires. it has old ngk ones tho.

lostforawhile
05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
i knw! i just wish my brother hadnt hit it but thats the whole reason the car became mine and i saved it from going to the scrap yard like 2 years ago. i got a new door and painted it nd some other stuff like vigor bar. and i spent like 50 on a tune up like 3 weeks ago, spark plugs, rotor, cap. i just didnt have enough for wires. it has old ngk ones tho.if i had known you needed wires, i would have sent you a low mileage set of nappa ones i had, they look and fit just like OEM, with my new wire holder and valve cover they didn't fit mine anymore,these were like 50 bucks new

bullard123
05-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Well if the suspension gods dont punish you...hopefully somebody does..

Why in the world would you hack shit up like that?

Ha ha ha. I lol'd at that

bullard123
05-26-2009, 03:38 PM

yeah judging by the wheels it looks like a sei

jdmca6
05-26-2009, 04:20 PM
yeah judging by the wheels it looks like a sei

it is a genuine se-i
it said so in the tittle, i got rear discs and all the se-i shit except cupholders"broke"

markmdz89hatch
05-27-2009, 06:09 AM
honestly cutting the springs and going with Toki's up front IS a decent setup. 3 coils is about 1 too many IMO, but as far as I'm concerned this is a better setup than an aftermarket spring on Toki's.

Yeah, don't let your dad make you yunk the SE-i without at least giving you a chance to find it a new home. Hell, if I had an inexpensive way to get it trucked over here (I'm in CT), I'd pay to get it moved and in safe hands. As long as the body/frame was straight, and I could get the suspension bits replaced, and an interior back in it, I'd replace my '02 Protege with this SE-i as my DD.

Good luck, but please please please don't let this turn into scrap metal.

MessyHonda
05-27-2009, 11:43 PM

man...lets swap rear disk before you junk it

lostforawhile
05-28-2009, 12:52 AM
man...lets swap rear disk before you junk it

no i think he means someone on the site is buying it for 200, he said he doesn't want it to be junked, he saved it from his brother junking it already