PDA

View Full Version : very sad costly mistake

russ_512
05-23-2009, 06:53 PM
every time i get gas i check my oil cause i have a leak. so i was gettin gas a friend stopped by and said he was going to the junk yard so i hurrying with my gas then jumped on interstate to catch up with him when my car started makin a noise and i realized i didnt put oil in it........i think yal now the rest ...........................very very mad at my self.

im gonna rebuild the motor when i get back from basic in dec cause ill have the money but i have to ride till then i need something to drive till august. i really cant wait till dec and i rebuild my baby and get her back on the road....

nswst8
05-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear that. drop another engine in.

russ_512
05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
i was going to but i figured i just buy a cheap car and drive it as my daily driver and then ill have that to drive still while i rebuild my motor

Civic Accord Honda
05-23-2009, 07:38 PM
damn bro that sucks ....

w261w261
05-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear that. People are always prone to distractions and a distraction will break concentration, sometimes with a bad result. When I used to fly sailplanes, once I started a preflight, *nothing* interrupted it. If it did, I always started over, even though it seemed silly. Routine in some things is just so important. And I distract easily, so a routine is doubly important where I'm concerned. It's too late for your current motor, but what might have helped would have been a big note inside the gas door or on the gas cap ("OIL!").

If you can salvage anything from the experience, it could be that you'll always remember what happened, and so the next time you'll be able to compensate. If you save yourself from something bigger happening, then today's problem will be worthwhile tuition in the school of life.

snoopyloopy
05-23-2009, 08:09 PM
do i hear a b20 coming soon to an engine bay near you?

russ_512
05-23-2009, 08:12 PM
do i hear a b20 coming soon to an engine bay near you?

lol i dont have the skill to day that and i asked a shop to do it but they said it would be alot of work and costly

Civic Accord Honda
05-23-2009, 08:18 PM
the jdm b20a doesent take much skill to install... goes in the same way as a20a... only catch is there hard to find with a 5speed and u have to get them from someone in new zealand

russ_512
05-23-2009, 08:21 PM
so i just need to find a b20a with a transmission and ecu and it will drop in

Civic Accord Honda
05-23-2009, 08:27 PM
so i just need to find a b20a with a transmission and ecu and it will drop in

yeah but it has to be one of the ones out of 3g accord.. they came stock in the jdm land.. hit up some of the new Zealand members for more information like accordb20a and a18a

russ_512
05-23-2009, 08:31 PM
yeah but it has to be one of the ones out of 3g accord.. they came stock in the jdm land.. hit up some of the new Zealand members for more information like accordb20a and a18a

o ok cool thanks for the helpfull info and if i can get that turbo i will just rebuild and turbo it

Rendon LX-i
05-23-2009, 09:20 PM
well fuck....jesus...i hate when you forgot things..that happens to me alot

Dr_Snooz
05-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Sorry to hear that man. I too lost a motor by not taking an oil leak seriously. If it's any consolation, it was probably your oil pump seals leaking, in which case, you would have lost oil pressure eventually and wrecked the motor anyway. That's what happened to me. Good luck on the rebuild.

carotman
05-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Wow, that must have been a very big leak for the engine to die on this!

Tdurr
05-24-2009, 09:07 AM
dang. that blows man. GL on rebuilding the motor!

russ_512
05-24-2009, 01:14 PM
dang. that blows man. GL on rebuilding the motor!

thanks

MessyHonda
05-25-2009, 08:28 AM
yeah that sucks....it almost happen to my engine too...had a bad gasket leak and one day my car started to make noise....check the oil and it had nothing...walked to the store to buy oil and it made lots of noise....one day...it just stoped...lol these a20 engines last long with care

russ_512
05-25-2009, 09:23 AM
yeah that sucks....it almost happen to my engine too...had a bad gasket leak and one day my car started to make noise....check the oil and it had nothing...walked to the store to buy oil and it made lots of noise....one day...it just stoped...lol these a20 engines last long with care

thats exactly what happened lol ...... it still starts but makes a loud knocking noise

MessyHonda
05-25-2009, 06:22 PM
thats exactly what happened lol ...... it still starts but makes a loud knocking noise

yeah i added oil....mine came from under the valve cover...so i adjusted my valves and it went away