PDA

View Full Version : swapping carbd to fi, fuel line question...

mcl311
05-24-2009, 09:37 AM
So I'm spending my memorial day weekend putting the engine from a totaled 87 accord lxi into my 88 accord lx sedan. We are running into a problem with the fuel lines. the fuel lines in the lxi are running through a different place, and run through the dashboard. i was wondering if there is an easy way to swap the fuel lines without having to rip out the dashes, because that would suck. any info or ideas would help. if you want i can also post pictures, thanks!

lostforawhile
05-24-2009, 09:42 AM
you probably need the lines,pump,and filter out of the lxi, you can't use the carb lines, the FI uses threaded connections from the pump to the engine. also the carb cars have a rubber junction after the fuel pump, between two metal lines,at least the hatch does, you can't use the FI with rubber hose, you'll be asking for a big fire. the carb filter under the back can't be used eithier. everything from front to back needs to be changed

mcl311
05-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Yeah I realized that, I was just wanting to know if there's any other place to run the fuel lines other than through the dash

lostforawhile
05-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Yeah I realized that, I was just wanting to know if there's any other place to run the fuel lines other than through the dashi wouldn't move them,these cars did great in crash tests as far as fuel system integrity,thats why they are inside in the structure of the car.