PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased 1988 accord LX

b_radsmizzle
05-27-2009, 09:49 AM
hey guys, I just bought an 88 accord lx (a20a1 i believe?)

please give me some ideas on how to increase performance with the stock engine as i am tight on money and cant afford a swap at the moment.

also, could i put the head from the the fuel injected a20 on my engine?

thanks for any input

w261w261
05-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi:

Welcome to the site! There's folks on here that know the answer to everything, and the popular questions (like yours) have been asked many times. The answers are available in the old threads, and how you access them is via the search function, on the bar at the top of the page. Put in the key terms that you are looking for, and you can read forever. It's good to know how to do this, because while the members here are always willing to help, you'll want to be able to use the full history of the 3Geez community. So go for it!

Tomisimo
05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
I totally agree to that ^^

you dont need to swap head, just need all wiring and FI mani to do this. if you can get A20a4 dizzy and ECU that way you get more horses with stock MAP'ing and yes, by going CAI and 2-1/4" exhaust.

Rendon LX-i
05-27-2009, 11:03 AM
its fi or carb...lx is carb...^^ a20a4 dizzy and ecu gives you more hp? shit i have both LOL

ArokASE88LXi
06-06-2009, 02:49 PM
just browsing around and i didn't know there was an A20A4. (Not too knowledgeable about all the generations yet) would this distributor and ECU be beneficial to an A20A3 Engine? maybe a thread you all know of that would educate me a litttle more?? Thanks!

Tomisimo
06-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Sorry me, you, also need A20a4 pistons as they do have higher compression. and A4 engine were no CAT so this is a plus as well..

dont be disappointed Randon lol, yours boosted anyways lol :D

As for you my friend ArokASE88LXi, the A20a4 were JDM or mostly EDM engine of choice. It was sold in europe from 86-to-87 and was non CAT exhaust. In book they said it has 122Hp but IRL 125Hp. But in 88-89 models, because of international agreement they were fitted with Cat. and 118HP while the book still said 122Hp.
Its the same engine really as A20a3 btu has higher compression and different MAPing on ECU.

Civic Accord Honda
06-06-2009, 06:21 PM
hey guys, I just bought an 88 accord lx (a20a1 i believe?)

please give me some ideas on how to increase performance with the stock engine as i am tight on money and cant afford a swap at the moment.

also, could i put the head from the the fuel injected a20 on my engine?

thanks for any input

only gains from the lxi head is the cam.. and if ur going to go thu all that swap for just a better cam mind as well get one from bisi ^_^