PDA

View Full Version : Auto won't shift

miataspeed
05-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey guys, remember me? I sold my Accord to my cousin last month. Something is wrong with the trans, but I myself haven't looked at it yet.

The problem is the console shifter does not shift the trans. It will go from park to low and do nothing, the car is stuck in reverse. He looked at the cable and found when shifting the console, the cable doesn't move. He couldn't see the base of the shifter because a heat shield was in the way. I'm wondering if there is a pin or bolt on the base of the shifter that broke, or if the cable itself broke.

I realize you guys wont know for sure either, but I'm assuming the cable is most likely broken. I know you guys will have more experience with these transmissions than I do.

It has truly been an awesome car. This is the first thing to go wrong with it since I or my family has owned it.

Thanks.

Xulfiqar
06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
there is a locating pin in the lever, remove console and you'll figure it out

mephi
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
cable problem. Figure out where and what broke and it should be just fine after you fix it.

1987AccordLx-i
06-03-2009, 12:22 PM
cable problem. Figure out where and what broke and it should be just fine after you fix it.

+1

the cable enters the trans and shifts.. possible break in the line.. also check the console line