PDA

View Full Version : minimal vac lines on b20a with b16 intake

mykwikcoupe
05-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Ive got the obd1 istall going with no black box. On top of this I am using a b16 edelbrock intake. Heres what Ive got so far and Im mainly looking for someone to tell me yes this will work or no it will not. First a few questions.

If I was to combine vac sensors or units I would need to increase the supply line by the equivelent of all lines being supplied correct? A usage of this on my setup would be the 1/8in CC line being tied in with the 1/8in fuel regulator fitting. I would tee the 2 1/8 lines together and feed them with a 1/4 line. This would allow me the same pressure but twice the flow or volume and everything would work correctly? On the stock setup both of these lines are individually fed from the intake as single feeds.

The map sensor Im using is going to be firewall mounted with about 6-10in of 1/8in tubing. This should be no different than stock as the a20a map sensor has a good 2ft of line feeding it. I believe it is fed from the second vac bung on the TB?

Id like to use the charcoal filter and evaporator canister but im unclear what/how they are being fed. is it straight manifold vac or? I know one line feeds the TB, the rest tie into the black box, anyone got an idea how to keep this system still in use but without all the ugly from the black box. Im not 100% on this since the worst that happens is I might smell gas after I shut off the car.

On the TB one vac line feeds the charcoal canister the other? Id like to keep my idle circiut in tack.

The water fitting on the IACV and TB are just for freezing correct, nothing emissions ready or anything functional for control of the circiuts?

If I tied the VC vac line from the intake manifold to the pcv system would this be a better or worse design? It would proving more suction I think Not a bad thing?

Im still reading and searching so please dont respond that way but like others say there are hundreds of threads about it. if anyone else has any ideas please feel free to post them

b20a86lude
08-11-2009, 05:32 PM
wow some one finally has the same ? as i do i wanna know myself

LX-incredible
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I would absolutely try to run an independent 1/8" line for the map sensor, though you'd probably be fine with 3/16" or 1/4", provided that you use attach it to a 3/16" or larger barb on the manifold. The barb on the TB is the same as manifold vacuum.

TB and IACV water fittings are just deicing bullshit. I don't have any of that shit hooked up.

Larger barb on the L of the stock TB goes to the charcoal canister, smaller on the R goes to the MAP sensor.

Purge solenoid receives manifold vacuum at the middle barb, bottom goes to the smaller barb on the charcoal canister. Top filtered barb should only be receiving manifold vacuum upon start up. There shouldn't be vacuum at the top with the solenoid unplugged, if there is you need to reverse the middle and bottom lines.

Line from the VC should be vented to atmosphere, either to the intake before the TB, or with a separate filter. Do not attempt to tie it into the PCV line, it's what brings fresh into the crankcase.

You going with the stock TB?