PDA

View Full Version : 91 Integra

bank2me
05-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey guys. I recently got a 91 integra LS. Im havin a problem with it. I joined g2ic.com but cant post on there for 7 days so im askin you guys. When im driving sometimes my headlights and dash lights will go dim, the radio cuts out for a second and the temp guage goes close to hot. Then a few seconds later it will be normal. So idk wtf it could be. any ideas?

2drSE-i
05-30-2009, 01:14 PM
sounds like an alternator issue. the temp guage is most likely going hot because of a lack of power to the guage. you having any issues with the battery or anything?

snoopyloopy
05-30-2009, 01:40 PM
sounds like an alternator issue. the temp guage is most likely going hot because of a lack of power to the guage. you having any issues with the battery or anything?

+1 check the belts first make sure they're all tight. no need rushing out to replace it only to find the problem wasn't "fixed" because it was relatively simple. also, might want to check the wiring while you're down there. car is potentially 19 years old, so there might be loose wires somewhere.

2oodoor
05-30-2009, 02:55 PM
seems like poor ground conn somewhere ..clean batt terminals good first though

bank2me
06-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks guys. I recently put in a new battery and alternator. I was thinkn about upgrading the stock grounds. Ive looked through the wiring and none of the connections seemed loose that I could see.

Civic Accord Honda
06-01-2009, 12:03 PM
grounds , and take it to vatozone and get the alt tested