PDA

View Full Version : CAI is up and running

BigCook
09-30-2002, 09:10 PM
I just got finished making my CAI and installed a Dynomax super turbo.I can't get over the differance that it made. It made the car alot stronger esp. over 3000rpm. Even low rpm is better. It goes up hills much faster and smoother. It now sounds like a V8 car. I got so happy after the mod. that I tried to race a V6 mustang. He got me off the jump (of course). Then I actually passed him around 3rd gear. But at about 80mph he left me. Now some of you might be running more mods. than me, but Im VERY happy with how I performed. Also both his car and mine are autos. His stang is a 2000 fully stock. I would recommed CAI to eveyone. It only cost me about $70 to make. That includes a $10 breather filter I used instead of drilling a hole in my intake. Thanks for listening I just wanted to share the joy. P.S. First time I ever tried to race car. :badass:

2Fast_Fiero
09-30-2002, 09:35 PM
Its killer huh man, I loved it when I first installed my Cold Air Intake, and my Exaust, but it didn't last when my thermostat didn't open and my head gasket was blown. But while it ran, it was a hell of alot more smoother, it did better in races. Since it only cost me 60 bucks to make, I sold it for 80 bucks to a friend who had a short ram on his 87 accord.