PDA

View Full Version : Front seat upgrade

ArokASE88LXi
05-31-2009, 12:34 PM
I was thinking lately i'd like to upgrade the interior quite a bit starting with the front seats i found some seats I like on EBAY that come with sliders but no brackets. My question is has anyone done this? can I use the seat bracket from my O.E. seats of should I fab a new one? Has anyone had a good experience with a different seat? Also i want to have the rear seats re-upholstered has anyone had this professionally done (Im in no mood to even think of trying to do it myself lol) and if so what is the range in cost of having the seat and back re-done?

Connor_LX-i
05-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Bump for this, I have been wondering what a re-upholstery job would cost also

turabaka
05-31-2009, 02:34 PM
It isn't too hard to modify the stock seat brackets to work with aftermarket seats as long as you've got a welder to do it with. Here's a pic of my seats. Took my dad and I a weekend to put both seats and the harness bar in.

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/turabaka/?action=view&current=DSC_0104-1.jpg

Can't really see the brackets in the pic, but the seat is mounted using the bottom mounts on the left, and the side mounts on the right for the drivers side. It's exactly reverse for the passenger seat.

lostforawhile
05-31-2009, 03:16 PM
I ended up making hybrid seats out of 86 dx seats and 89 lxi hatch seats, had to remove one of the locking pieces from the 89 seat bottoms and swap in a track from the 86 but all the cable that control the seat functions all hooked up and the seats function as normal

Pico
05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
I and some of the other members here on the forum with Prelude seats reused the bracket from our stock seats and mounted them on the Prelude seats

MessyHonda
05-31-2009, 05:42 PM
I and some of the other members here on the forum with Prelude seats reused the bracket from our stock seats and mounted them on the Prelude seats

yup...thanks for the help

ArokASE88LXi
05-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the pic Turabaka not much help with the bracket itself but the seat is exactly what i'm lookin for looks nice in there! yes i have a welder and am pretty good with it i just didn't wanna order the seats and be like crap i'm gonna have to completely fab some new brackets. sounds like it's not too bad guess i'll just have to bear down and buy the seats and figure it out huh? Oh and i'm callin colorado seat treat tomorrow or tuesday i'll try and find a ballpark for re-doing the back seats!

ArokASE88LXi
05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
My friend had an old lude the seats were ok but i'm lookin for somethin that surrounds me more ya know? Like my old 3000GT VR4 it had seats where the sides were electronically adjustable to squeeze ya. kinda hard to explain but those sure were comfortable! (it was fast too until it spun a bearing:rant:)

turabaka
05-31-2009, 08:18 PM
some of the lude seats have adjustable side bolsters. Can't remember which ones though. So if you'd rather go that route you can. I'm pretty partial to my corbeaus though. They hold me in nice and tight, and they're pretty comfy as well.

The hardest part of modifying the seat bracket for those kind of seats is getting the seat level.

Rendon LX-i
05-31-2009, 11:00 PM
yeah the 90-91 do i took the seats off a 90 lude which had the blosters.

Civic Accord Honda
06-01-2009, 12:32 AM
It isn't too hard to modify the stock seat brackets to work with aftermarket seats as long as you've got a welder to do it with. Here's a pic of my seats. Took my dad and I a weekend to put both seats and the harness bar in.

http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/turabaka/?action=view&current=DSC_0104-1.jpg

Can't really see the brackets in the pic, but the seat is mounted using the bottom mounts on the left, and the side mounts on the right for the drivers side. It's exactly reverse for the passenger seat.

thoughs are the forzas rite? i been looking at them lately myself .. shity civic seats with old sweaters duct taped to it for padding since the orange foam fell out FTL!!

turabaka
06-01-2009, 12:41 AM
thoughs are the forzas rite? i been looking at them lately myself .. shity civic seats with old sweaters duct taped to it for padding since the orange foam fell out FTL!!

nope. Fx-1 pro's. I got lucky and bought them local for 200 a seat, but retail on them is 300.

AccordEpicenter
06-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I used Corbeau seat brackets... They work fine with many aftermarket seats but they do feel a little high and they are pricey.

markmdz89hatch
06-15-2009, 08:42 AM
to shed a little light on the reupholstery....

I had a set of CRX seats (front buckets) professionally reupholstered and they were to the tune of $600 for the pair. Actually if I remember right, it was $637 and that was with only doing the inserts and new backs, and re-using the stock black on the bolsters. They also reinforced the bolsters on the pan and seatback and did some repair on one deteriorated bolster. Came out great buck sucked handing over that kind of cash.

For rear seats, I would expect to pay in the neighborhood of $300-450 for them to be recovered in custom upholstery (excluding leather, which would add at least $100).