PDA

View Full Version : Also Rebuild Kits

mushroom_toy
06-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Ok well I know a lot of my gaskets have been replaced within the last 2 years when I had a honda technician work on my car when I had that major oil leak, but Im gonna go ahead and get another rebuild kit anyway. So if I end up using B series rods and pistons I wont need a full kit but what are some good kits and full kits even? I found a jc whitney felpro gasket set for $150 which Ill probably get but what all do I need?

rjudgey
06-05-2009, 10:29 AM
It's cheaper to get the full kit again then a few seperate items. You'll need to use most of them again, as you should never re-use a seal or gasket if it's been taken apart. You'll be ok on the crank seals if you leave them in place then just keep the others for spares.

mushroom_toy
06-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Anybody on the kits. WHO here has actually ordered a rebuild kit an put it on. What brand did you use? Where you satisfied with it?....

Dr_Snooz
06-13-2009, 10:04 PM
For the rebuild on my '82 (10 years ago now), I had Napa put a kit together for me. It was awesome. I had bought all the parts to do it from Honda initially and my buddy prevailed upon me to let Napa build a kit and take the Honda stuff back. I figured I didn't have anything to lose and did it. I swear the only way I could tell the Napa parts from the Honda was by looking at the bags they came in. They were rock solid, first-quality OEM stuff. This time I'll be going with a kit provided by a really good local machine shop. Not sure the make, but if it's crap, I'll send it back and go with Napa again.

mushroom_toy
06-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Good info. Yeah im thinking of getting Slacks (a lot like napa just cheaper, and they have their own machine shop) to put together a kit for me, just wanting to see what everyone else has done though.

mushroom_toy
06-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Well ordered some parts today. Got my 272 Delta cam coming, ordered a felpro engine gasket set, and ordered my .20 pistons and rings, std rod bearing, std main bearing, and oil pump, and something else i forgot lol. Im getting everything minus the cam for around $345 after tax, and freight. Pretty good deal according to napa....they didnt want to even match it and gave me a price of $415

Only sucks that the pistons and hard parts except the oil pump are Topline....but the shop i ordered everything gave me a good deal and swore by them. i have been buying parts from Slacks for years and have never been dissatisfied, plus a friend of mine work there and I talked to the machine shop in back, and they said they use the topline pistons and rings in almost everything they rebuild. Im pretty assured though because they build a lot of high performance and race engines, and ive never heard anything bad about the machine shop....so guess we will see, about to go on the hunt for the miata headstuds.

is there anything else yall think I will need?

Tdurr
06-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Well ordered some parts today. Got my 272 Delta cam coming, ordered a felpro engine gasket set, and ordered my .20 pistons and rings, std rod bearing, std main bearing, and oil pump, and something else i forgot lol. Im getting everything minus the cam for around $345 after tax, and freight. Pretty good deal according to napa....they didnt want to even match it and gave me a price of $415

Only sucks that the pistons and hard parts except the oil pump are Topline....but the shop i ordered everything gave me a good deal and swore by them. i have been buying parts from Slacks for years and have never been dissatisfied, plus a friend of mine work there and I talked to the machine shop in back, and they said they use the topline pistons and rings in almost everything they rebuild. Im pretty assured though because they build a lot of high performance and race engines, and ive never heard anything bad about the machine shop....so guess we will see, about to go on the hunt for the miata headstuds.

is there anything else yall think I will need?

Boost.

mushroom_toy
06-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Lol you poonsickle....i sent you a pic of your new ******.

mushroom_toy
06-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Go tmy arp mazda headstuds ordered should be here in a few days.

87accorddx804
06-30-2009, 10:25 AM
i know this dosent have to do with anything but wat would i need if i wanted to change my accord to fuel ijected

MessyHonda
07-02-2009, 12:13 AM
i know this dosent have to do with anything but wat would i need if i wanted to change my accord to fuel ijected

its cheaper to buy a fuel injected car than trying to convert one unless the body is supper clean and worth converting

87accorddx804
07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
yea but i wanna keep my accord