PDA

View Full Version : 3GEEZ CHOWDERS BACK, and needs some help

chowder
06-03-2009, 07:18 AM
hey guys i know its been a very long while since ive posted or been active whattup bay area 3g's, everything has been decent accruing some new tires for my stocks, no more fuel pump issues, had a break in that was fun, and when i got my front tires done one of the stud in my lugs on drivers side SNAPPED IN HALF, so i gotta get that fixed, but the main issue is the really really really harsh idle issues i get in the morning.

it's starting to freak me out when i started the car this morning i was idling at 3k... the car smelt like it was burning, and when i turned it off like that it shook the whole car like the engine was rattling off the mount and smelt like it was about to catch fire, and as my luck would have it as soon as i pull into a shop i go to the idle drops down to 1k. any hints on what it could be...

oh and got my cv boot fixed so when i turn it doesnt make that loud clicking noise..

thanks for the help

1987AccordLx-i
06-03-2009, 12:13 PM
hey guys i know its been a very long while since ive posted or been active whattup bay area 3g's, everything has been decent accruing some new tires for my stocks, no more fuel pump issues, had a break in that was fun, and when i got my front tires done one of the stud in my lugs on drivers side SNAPPED IN HALF, so i gotta get that fixed, but the main issue is the really really really harsh idle issues i get in the morning.

it's starting to freak me out when i started the car this morning i was idling at 3k... the car smelt like it was burning, and when i turned it off like that it shook the whole car like the engine was rattling off the mount and smelt like it was about to catch fire, and as my luck would have it as soon as i pull into a shop i go to the idle drops down to 1k. any hints on what it could be...

oh and got my cv boot fixed so when i turn it doesnt make that loud clicking noise..

thanks for the help

good to see a fellow 3g member back in the game.. from what you say sounds like you may have a vac leak somewhere.. check your vac lines and see if anythings corroded..