PDA

View Full Version : vacuum removal question...

itzdave
06-03-2009, 05:33 PM
so im removing all of the vacuum lines so i can get the stock carb ready to swap to the sedan so i can weber the hatch... however, i cant remember where i hook the float owl vent line to.
i can see aout a drop of fuel per second dropping to the butterfly in the front(closest to the velve cover) and i know thats not right. so i unplugged the cap i put on the car for the float vent, it dumped out a unch of fuel and etc...
anybody got any ideas on what to do???

please help soon, need advise asap...:gun:

itzdave
06-03-2009, 10:07 PM
bump...
please help

itzdave
06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww126/danny_e46/IMG_1695.jpg

bump, any advise?

itzdave
06-05-2009, 12:07 PM
who's D*** do i gotta suck to get a response around here?!

lolz

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Are you re-vacuuming the stock carb to put back on the other car? Or are you running the stock carb de-vacuumed?

2oodoor
06-05-2009, 02:16 PM
dam, D*** head I never saw this thread and I was on several times today, Im sorry!!
seriously, the bowl vent should be able to just go with a fat hose and a filter or just leave it open away from dirt getting in it.
your drip problem, (sounds like a std to me, zomg.. lol) is sounding more along the lines of loose venturi booster or o ring. Also check the secondary diaphragm for hanging up and holding the secondary butter fry slightley op-ern.

itzdave
06-06-2009, 02:06 PM
im removing all the vac lines so i can swap it to my sedan, and put the weber from the sedan on the hatch. the sedan used to have the vac removal but now its webered...
the stock carb on the hatch WAS perfect, but i wanted to remove all the vac lines so when it came time to swap it, it would take less time and whatnot... but now, it starts up just fine, but idles too high (1700 rpm) and then when i shut it off it might deisel a lil bit.
and like i said, it has a bit of a drip coming from the front barrel that it didnt do before, so i uncapped that big fat float vent thing and it dumped out some fuel, but it quit dripping in the carb, but it kept dripping from where i uncapped it...

thanks in advance for any advise...

2oodoor
06-07-2009, 12:47 AM
yeah it is going to suck trying to disturb that mess and swap from one car tothe other...im not sure exactly what you have going on there, when does it over fill ..all the time or just when it is cold

itzdave
06-07-2009, 02:26 AM
temp dont matter, its like thethe bown is filling up and draining out ot this hole...

2oodoor
06-07-2009, 03:02 AM
should be no vacuum on that vent directly or it will suck it out. sounds like the float level is high, can you see the gas level thru the sight glass on the side?
Is the cutoff solenoid working, check to see it is connected and has 12v to it.
Is the idle air mixture close? try a half turn out on it, the big one with the knob on it.