PDA

View Full Version : EFI header?

fijisac
06-06-2009, 03:45 PM
ok i bought my 3gee back in January of 09 and the buy i bought from said there is an exhaust leak but he did not know where so i said ok i can fix it, so to i when for a drive (when to autozone to buy some carb cleaner, lol) so i was coming back home and i notice that there was some smoke coming out of my hood so i pulled over and saw that there was a CRACK on the exhaust header and now i just wanted to know if i can put a header from an EFI car and still make pass emissions test and i also wanted to know the purpose of the air suction valve?

Pico
06-06-2009, 04:45 PM
I beleieve the valve controls your fast idle.
if you need a stock header and downpipe I have one, you just have to come to Vallejo and pick it up and it yours.

fijisac
06-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I beleieve the valve controls your fast idle.
if you need a stock header and downpipe I have one, you just have to come to Vallejo and pick it up and it yours.

dam dude, i hella could come pick it up but i'm hella busy from tomorrow and i start skool on monday, so i i will have to see if i can come next weekend, lol

oh i almost forgot, is it an efi header?

Pico
06-06-2009, 10:09 PM
dam dude, i hella could come pick it up but i'm hella busy from tomorrow and i start skool on monday, so i i will have to see if i can come next weekend, lol

oh i almost forgot, is it an efi header?

yup it is, came off of my 89

cygnus x-1
06-07-2009, 07:07 PM
The difference between the EFI and carb exhaust manifolds is that the carb manifolds have the extra port for the air suction tube. The air suction tube lets fresh air into the exhaust stream to help complete the combustion of unburnt fuel in the catalytic converter. I think it mostly functions during overrun (compression braking during deceleration) when the mixture is too rich. EFI cars don't have this because they have better control over the AF mixture to begin with. It's very similar to the smog pumps that older GM cars had. It has no impact on anything other than emissions. If you live in an emissions nazi-state you're probably required to have it.

C|