PDA

View Full Version : Clutch question

turabaka
06-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Alrighty guys. Since I broke part of the side motor mount off the block I've got a clutch question.

I can get the motor mount fixed enough to make it driveable so here's what I'm wondering. Can I install the clutch in my current motor once I get it fixed, and then when I get a new motor just swap over the clutch and flywheel. Or, am I going to have to buy a whole new clutch?

labeledsk8r
06-08-2009, 09:10 PM
dont see why not? i have seen people use junkyard clutches and stuff see no harm, just dont use it if its really worn out lol

turabaka
06-09-2009, 07:01 AM
I didn't think it would be a problem since the clutch is breaking itself in to the flywheel, and I intend to swap the flywheel over as well.

I guess I'm gonna try to change my clutch later today, and then get that mount fixed later this week.

MessyHonda
06-09-2009, 11:51 AM
yeah you should be fine....i still got to talk to you about the lighten fly...i have one in my car but when i swap my b20 it i wont have a use for it. but you can always resurface it and resurface the presure plate

russiankid
06-09-2009, 11:53 AM
You can swap it over no problem. Just before you remove the clutch, make a mark with white out on the flywheel and pressure plate for extra insurance. Then when you reinstall it, line the mark back up.

turabaka
06-09-2009, 11:56 AM
You can swap it over no problem. Just before you remove the clutch, make a mark with white out on the flywheel and pressure plate for extra insurance. Then when you reinstall it, line the mark back up.

yep that's what I was thinking. Thanks guys.

send me a pm messy. How much you want for it?

itzdave
06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
yup, ive done it before on my old motor...

AccordEpicenter
06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
dont worry about marking the pp and flywheel, it only fits one way anyway

mykwikcoupe
06-10-2009, 01:26 PM
wow dude where have you been hiding. What have you been up to lately?

AccordEpicenter
06-17-2009, 02:45 PM
resuming work on the accord but very busy in general... u