PDA

View Full Version : Getting the 3rd gen road ready again...

87AccordLXsdn
06-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Hey all. Been awhile since I've been around this site. I've checked it out a couple times since buying my '94 Accord. The old car has sat around for the past 2 years with only 843 miles put on it (750 was getting it to S.C.). I planned on selling it down there since it didn't wanna pass emisions testing. Anyways, I recently moved to Hilton Head, S.C. and want to get the 3gee road ready. The car should start but I haven't tried it yet. But what do you guys recommend fixing/checking to get it in good running shape again. Just before I quit driving it, I replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor, pcv valve, and I believe front brakes. Also trying to figure out if there has been any crazy things happening in performance upgrades and whatnot. Has the community grown farther? Thanks for any info!

Joay
06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
They do emissions in South Carolina? My buddy's Civic used to be registered there and he said they didn't do inspections. Anywho, drain the oil and gas (obviously), and if you're super-concerned about the rings drop some ATF in the plug holes and let it sit for a day before you turn it over. It's probably fine though, two years in SC won't kill a 3G. :)

Civic Accord Honda
06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
drain the petrol, replace fuel filter, new petrol , oil change , coolant flush , inspect cap and rotor for rust even tho there the condisation from sitting coulda rusted them, inspect brake lines make sure brakes aren't seized, pull plugs clean plugs reinstall since there new ,check for any wire mice might have eaten , inspect tires for weather rot , and atm thats all i can thinks of

Civic Accord Honda
06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
They do emissions in South Carolina? My buddy's Civic used to be registered there and he said they didn't do inspections. Anywho, drain the oil and gas (obviously), and if you're super-concerned about the rings drop some ATF in the plug holes and let it sit for a day before you turn it over. It's probably fine though, two years in SC won't kill a 3G. :)

i would use that marvels mastery(thinks thats what its called )oil over atf...

87AccordLXsdn
06-09-2009, 04:12 AM
hey thanks guys. that'll get me off on the right start. and as far as the emissions, that was for in PA. which is the reason I brought the car to S.C., there isn't any here. i need to get the car detailed as well, since it's covered in dust! i think one of the reasons why i wanna get it back on the road is because i feel bad for it. hell, why am i driving a 94 with 205k miles and only a few mods, when i can have the 87 with 90k and 5k in mods done? ha

russ_512
06-09-2009, 04:34 AM
yo man welcome to SC im in Columbia....never been to Hilton Head though

MessyHonda
06-09-2009, 06:40 AM
hey welcome back....i remember when you won AOM....dont you have a weber set up?

87AccordLXsdn
06-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah, hey thanks! Yup, it has the weber. Which I forgot to mention had a full cleaning before it was left to sit. I'm really hoping that I can get the '94 sold quickly so I can start driving this. Even though it has much less gitty up than the newer one, I need the handling and style back in my life ha. I have the bike to take care of my speed habit. Plus, I need a reason to hang around this site more often!

88LXi68
06-09-2009, 08:22 AM
drive it to Import Alliance July 25th!

click the link in my sig

86ccord
06-09-2009, 10:06 AM
drive it 30 mins to savannah, and meet up with me! lol sick ride bro!! its nice to have someone with a 3gee close..lol

87AccordLXsdn
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Import alliance looks like a hell of a time! But, probably won't make it. Now, 89accord, Savannah I can do. I'm actually in Savannah now at my parents place so we'll have to meet up once I get it on the road. Also, is your hood just painted black or is it carbon fiber like mine?

Civic Accord Honda
06-09-2009, 04:45 PM
hell, why am i driving a 94 with 205k miles and only a few mods, when i can have the 87 with 90k and 5k in mods done? ha
haha yay 3g!

and btw we demand new pixors once u get it back on the road!

Pico
06-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey Welcome back 87AccordLXsdn, you haven't been around in a long while

jasonrebellion
06-09-2009, 06:44 PM
we don't have inspections here in SC.....

87AccordLXsdn
06-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I'll be sure to get some pics once it's all cleaned up! And thanks Pico, it's nice seeing you guys still here. I was hoping the site wasn't going to be over taken by a new crowd! Also, I'm aware of the lack of inspections in S.C., that's why I'm putting it back on the road. It wouldn't pass in P.A. (where I used to live) which is why it came down south in the first place. I can't wait to get her back on the road. Anybody wanna buy a 5gen coupe? Leather and power everything! ha ha

Tdurr
06-09-2009, 09:19 PM
sweet! ur in GA!!! I gotta meet you then haha. I've met almost all the GA 3gee members this year. Crazy stuff.

and bisimoto is making a whole line of performance stuff for our cars check his site and any threads that have bisi in them.
btw, swap to 5speed if u havent. auto=fail :)

ALSO,
go to import alliance!!! PLEASE!! lol i wanna see as many 3 gees there as possible. Your car would deff make some heads turn(btw, i want u hood)

87AccordLXsdn
06-10-2009, 11:12 AM
First, you can't have my hood ha. Second, 5 speed swap was done years ago! I couldn't stand the auto any longer! And the import show still probably won't happen, although that would be awesome to see a bunch of nice 3g's. But hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you guys down this way. Oh, and I've started to get the 94 ready to sell. Just need 2 tires, new gasket on my greddy, and a/c fixed.

86ccord
06-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Import alliance looks like a hell of a time! But, probably won't make it. Now, 86ccord, Savannah I can do. I'm actually in Savannah now at my parents place so we'll have to meet up once I get it on the road. Also, is your hood just painted black or is it carbon fiber like mine?

EDIT: lol

but my car hood i jest painted black. lol and yeah hit me up when you in savannah again.. or w/e..lol