PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen. parts in a 3G?

flyingpenguin62
06-09-2009, 04:16 PM
So I want to swap some interior parts (center console, gauges, etc.) into my 3g. Only problem is, these cars are disappearing quickly in Canada, and the only junkyard that has them runs out of parts almost instantly :squint: . How many parts (interior, especially) from a 4th gen would be compatible in a 3G?

Parts I want to change:

-Gauges (just the individual gauges, not the cluster)
-Shifter boot and knob
-Front seats, maybe the back
-Door liners
-Power window motors, etc.
-Window visors
-Trunk lid and lock
-Many other interior parts, I can't remember the rest of the list

Civic Accord Honda
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
seats will work if u make some adapters.. back seats (should) go right in shifter and boot will work , everything else is a no go

flyingpenguin62
06-09-2009, 05:00 PM
How about a radiator and antenna? Or are the 4th gens less backwards compatible than I thought?

Joay
06-09-2009, 07:48 PM
A radiator is pretty much a radiator, you could just as easily get one for a Civic (or whatever else) on eBay and make it fit. The antenna definitely won't work in the stock location.

stat1K
06-10-2009, 07:27 PM
how is a radiator pretty much a radiator? pretty sure the cb7's radiator is completely different.

Joay
06-10-2009, 07:48 PM
My point was that there's no huge benefit to using a CB radiator over a CA or whatever else that will fit.

Tomisimo
06-11-2009, 05:05 AM
4G radiator is aluminum. Ive been tru that once. on 3G its from copper so its better. anyhow rather get rear sway bar. its stiffer.

carotman
06-11-2009, 05:39 AM
I know what you mean about the lack of 3g Accords in the junkyards.

What do you need axactly?

stat1K
06-11-2009, 07:37 AM
My point was that there's no huge benefit to using a CB radiator over a CA or whatever else that will fit.

then i think you missed the entire point of his thread. he can't find any 3g's so he was asking if he could use stuff from a 4g. of course there isn't a huge benefit, but he was asking if it would work. to which you said... "A radiator is pretty much a radiator, you could just as easily get one for a Civic (or whatever else) on eBay and make it fit."

effectively regurgitating information you've read on this forum a million times and not even answering his question.

that was MY POINT.

flyingpenguin62
06-11-2009, 03:19 PM
I know what you mean about the lack of 3g Accords in the junkyards.

What do you need axactly?

Well...

Interior:
-Speedometer and Fuel/Temp Gauges
-Seats (back)
-Rear view mirror
-Shift boot/knob
-Pedals (brake and clutch)

Exterior:
-Trunk latch
-Hood strut
-Window visors

Mechanical:
-Shifter linkages
-Radiator
-Calipers

...I had a full list, I just forgot where it is.

lostforawhile
06-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Well...

Interior:
-Speedometer and Fuel/Temp Gauges
-Seats (back)
-Rear view mirror
-Shift boot/knob
-Pedals (brake and clutch)

Exterior:
-Trunk latch
-Hood strut
-Window visors

Mechanical:
-Shifter linkages
-Radiator
-Calipers

...I had a full list, I just forgot where it is.if you really need the pedals, i will go ahead and swap mine out and you can get my old ones, shipping would be a lot though. do you need the pedals or the entire assembly? i have custom ones which is why i'm pulling mine.

flyingpenguin62
06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm planning a 5spd swap, so I guess I'd need whole new pedals. PM me for shipping, but from the sound of things, it might be cheaper at the scrapyard.

w261w261
06-12-2009, 02:08 AM
I know what you mean about the lack of 3g Accords in the junkyards

I think we're in the last stages of seeing the 3G's as "general public transportation devices," meaning they have no idea this site exists and could care less about the car, as long as it gets them to work on time and doesn't cost them much money. It may or may not get fixed when presented with a $300 repair bill, and will almost certainly get dumped if the bill is going to be >$500. Scrap prices are real low now, so what 3G are in the yards might stay there for awhile, but the next time there's a surge the crusher will take them.
I saw a 2-or-3G Prelude today, and it was a piece of shit. Too bad. Time marches on.

lostforawhile
06-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I think we're in the last stages of seeing the 3G's as "general public transportation devices," meaning they have no idea this site exists and could care less about the car, as long as it gets them to work on time and doesn't cost them much money. It may or may not get fixed when presented with a $300 repair bill, and will almost certainly get dumped if the bill is going to be >$500. Scrap prices are real low now, so what 3G are in the yards might stay there for awhile, but the next time there's a surge the crusher will take them.
I saw a 2-or-3G Prelude today, and it was a piece of shit. Too bad. Time marches on.

there is starting to be some interest in the older three geez now, and older hondas in general, this same thing happened to the old civics, then there was interest started up in them,check out this old honda.org

60408CC
06-22-2009, 09:46 AM
just put a 4 gen radator in my 3 gen it was alot of work but it works better and it looks a bit batter too not as bulky

flyingpenguin62
06-22-2009, 06:00 PM
...and if I don't need a radiator?