PDA

View Full Version : Removing Non-Critical Elements From Engine Bay

ArokASE88LXi
06-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok so this is what i want to do... Removing the fast idle valve, i searched and found a lot of info on this and i'm pretty comfortable with the idea and the procedure. i just want all those little coolant lines running everywhere gone they burn me and annoy me plus i like things simpler than that (less lines and elements mean less to break and leave me stranded) and i don't want it to idle fast i like the idle right where it is when it's hot lol.

Also there is a hose that goes from the intake plenum down to one of the intake runners what the hell is this for and why is there a hose from the intake to the intake?

the little black box on the stock filter box with two mid-size hoses coming out of it what does it do and why is it there?

one of the hoses coming from the afforementioned black box goes to a part just in front of the wiper motor again what is it and what exactly does it do?

I'll get pics tomorrow internet is too slow to do it right now. any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

ArokASE88LXi
06-10-2009, 09:44 PM
ok spent awhile goin through the manual and lookin harder at the car...

the hose from the intake to the intake is the pcv hose from the intake down through the runners to the black box that goes through the black hose to the oil pan.

The part just in front of the wiper motor is the idle control solenoid valve and while not critical to the performance/operation of the engine it does make life easier with an electrical load on the engine.

the little black box is just an inlet for air thats been filtered for the idle control solenoid valve and the A/C idle boost valve which is also not critical.

Anyone that's ever removed the fast idle valve though i'd love to hear about your experiences in doing it.

conozo
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
just wondering if you've searched for the vacuum removal posts in the carb section.

There are several types of vacuum removals from stage 1 to 4

MessyHonda
06-12-2009, 12:02 AM
he is fuel injected....he can look into removing all emitions stuff

1987AccordLx-i
06-12-2009, 11:39 AM
he is fuel injected....he can look into removing all emitions stuff

if he takes out all emissions stuff he wont pass smog am i right? i wanted to do that to my 87 lxi but she was totalled =/

MessyHonda
06-13-2009, 12:21 AM
if he takes out all emissions stuff he wont pass smog am i right? i wanted to do that to my 87 lxi but she was totalled =/

yeah it wont pass smog

ArokASE88LXi
06-13-2009, 02:21 PM
yeah it wont pass smog

I live in Colorado on the eastern plains we don't need emissions in my county :thumbup:

Anyway last night i pulled off the intake (and yes those lower bolts are a bitch until i figured out how to get at them) I've removed most of the fast idle valve junk I've still gotta weld the openings on the connecting pipe shut but i'm a little bit leary i don't know if the metals gonna be thick enough to really weld to but i think on lowest heat setting i should be able to trigger it in nice and slow. i took off the egr valve and i'm making a block off plate for it now. I cut the ends of the egr pipe and welded the egr end shut and bolted it back on. The nut for the exhaust manifold i'm going to weld shut and stick back in but my dumb ass left the shielding gas on all night and its empty now Ugh!

anything else you guys can think of that i should do while the intake is out???