PDA

View Full Version : b20a tune up specs

mykwikcoupe
06-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Im looking for an actual guide for the tuneup with spark plug gap, timing specs, firing order and all that jjazz. Im basically going off what Ive read online from others and guessing firing order from the pics. My b20a is having a hard time starting and Id like to narrow thai down. The dizzy is loose since its from a donor car. My plug gap is .44mm firing order is 1-4-3-2 and a valve spec would be great as well.

Haunted ca3 says there is a tune up guide on wki but I cannot find it anyplace. Thanks for the help. Mike

Nafs Asdf
06-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Im looking for an actual guide for the tuneup with spark plug gap, timing specs, firing order and all that jjazz. Im basically going off what Ive read online from others and guessing firing order from the pics. My b20a is having a hard time starting and Id like to narrow thai down. The dizzy is loose since its from a donor car. My plug gap is .44mm firing order is 1-4-3-2 and a valve spec would be great as well.

Haunted ca3 says there is a tune up guide on wki but I cannot find it anyplace. Thanks for the help. Mike

You should find all the specs in the shop manuals, '87 supplement I think had the main stuff on the B20. Also I'm pretty sure the firing order is 1-3-4-2, so if you got it in the order you posted it's not strange if you're having trouble starting it.

mykwikcoupe
06-13-2009, 09:02 AM
ok Ill try that Ive been going off the 88-89 on paulsdesign page.

mykwikcoupe
06-13-2009, 09:40 AM
.39-.43 is the plug gap and mine are set to the b20a5 .44 so my timing is definatly off. i do not have the dizzy static timing set yet. My plug wires have been double checked and I pulled a dislexic and transposed the 4-3. Ill go through and check everything else. Thanks for the help.

2oodoor
07-01-2009, 03:58 AM
care to share those specs???
what manual has jdm b20a stuff??
I also would like to see a schematic for the TCM for autos

Nafs Asdf
07-01-2009, 08:12 AM
care to share those specs???
what manual has jdm b20a stuff??
I also would like to see a schematic for the TCM for autos

Just use the edm manual, most stuff is the same.