PDA

View Full Version : Dash lights not coming on

Haxxorz
06-14-2009, 02:26 PM
So fairly recently, I got a 5-speed Honda accord 1988. And I immediately installed a stereo, 4 6.5 speakers, and 2 10" subs. I got that done late one night and Decided to take it for a drive with my new stereo BUT while on the driveway my dash lights just went *poof*. They were fine for a couple weeks prior to my stereo. but now the lights for my speedometer and AC heater etc are gone. things like blinkers and brake lights still work however.

I checked the fuses to the best of my knowledge both under the dash and under the hood, both looked fine for anything remotely related to dash lights. (except the fuse labeled "ECU/clock" was blown and even after I replaced it, no dash lights...)

I have separate fuses close to the battery for my stereo head unit and another for my amp so its not like i messed up the wiring or something.

Any Ideas?

(I'm new to the forums and thought maybe some guys here could give me some help)

Civic Accord Honda
06-14-2009, 02:42 PM
what did u do with the red/black wire from the stock radio? if that wire grounds out it will cut the lights out.. also make sure your dimmer switch is pluged in

Haxxorz
06-14-2009, 05:04 PM
red/black? I don't know. I'm pretty sure I didn't connect all the wires from the original harness. I obviously used the ground, accessory for my stereo but thats the only red or black wires I can think of...

cubert
06-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Do the tail lights still come one? Not the brake lights, but the running lights.

When I had my 3g, I installed the stereo, I lost my Dash lights/tail lights and if I remember correctly it was a blown fuse for the tail lights.

I could be way off though, this was 6 or 7 years ago :lol:

Civic Accord Honda
06-14-2009, 05:17 PM
yeah true when my civics dash lights didnt work i didnt have tails and it was the combo switch ( i didnt find out until got pulled over was driving around with out tails for over a month)

Haxxorz
06-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Wow, within hours my problem is resolved! You guys are amazing, and yes even though it was 6 years ago cubert was right. My tail lights weren't on, you never really notice it haha. I replaced the tail light fuse and viola. Thanks!

A18A
06-14-2009, 05:48 PM
:thumbup:

cubert
06-14-2009, 05:52 PM
glad you got it fixed :thumbup:

ArokASE88LXi
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
:welcome: Ya i had the same thing happen to me. feels good to fix somethin like that huh. this site is great for little bouts of experience like that. anyway welcome to the forum!