PDA

View Full Version : tire pressure, HELL YEA

Mantis88LX
10-01-2002, 10:23 AM
i just checked my tire pressure it it was really low on all four tires so i put it up a little closer to the recommend pressure and my car handles so much better and doesn vibrate real bad at high speeds. acceleration feels better now too.

weird how small things like that can make the biggest differences.

i wasnt really sure were to post this so if it needs to be moved then move it.

thanx

smufguy
10-01-2002, 10:56 AM
but dont do that when its cold outside. and when its cold, the car's tires do look sloggy or appear that they are not under the recommended pressure, which u know.

when my 4g came with 15 ksi less pressure when i bought it, it felt werid driving it. on the way home i was like, why the fuck wont it accelerate. it has 140 ft-lbs. but it wont pick up. and turning was horrible and i had to like turn the steering like a manual steering. then i come home check the pressure and its low, so i get to the gas stating and get it to the right pressure then the just flew on test drive. the torque on these 4gs are like hugeee compared to the feel after driving my carb 3g.

ummm.... i am tlaking too long. k g2g.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-01-2002, 11:46 AM
Tire pressures should alway's be taken before the car is driven. Driving will warm the tires and cause the pressure to raise. I don't even like to set them if they tires have been sitting in the summer sun for long.

ACCORD EX
10-01-2002, 12:53 PM
tire pressure is not a little things ! it really makes a difference even in MPG ! :)

MIKE