PDA

View Full Version : Factory manual instructions--who follows them?

AZmike
10-01-2002, 10:34 AM
Does anyone actually follow the Honda service manual's instructions for replacing all those fasteners and seals after removing them? Stuff like the self locking nuts on the exhaust system and suspension, spring clips on the axles, o-ring on the speed sensor, crush washers for the exhaust. Sometimes I have and sometimes I haven't. Sure those parts aren't too expensive but for a big job they add up fast.

Now it's time to drop the tranny to replace my rear main seal and I wanted to know if you guys think I should bother with new spring clips or go ahead and use the old ones. My axles have about 15k on them, so the clips aren't that old.

89lxi95zx7
10-01-2002, 10:43 AM
you should follow all that! some stuff is mere important than others, but its all needed.

smufguy
10-01-2002, 10:51 AM
crush washers and self locking nuts should be changed no matter what. When u do something, do it right so u wont have to go thru the whole process agian cause u just did not wish to have it done or felt lazy. Good luck on ur repairs.

ACCORD EX
10-01-2002, 12:51 PM
sure following the manual is the best thing ! but i didn't change my spring clips when i removed the axles becuase i couldn't find them in the stores !
but if you can buy them go on and change them !

MIKE