PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up a 4-channel amp

zack_attack2010
06-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Hey, i plan on getting a pioneer GM-6400F amp to run my 4 6.5'' speakers, but i have a couple questions,

ok so i already have a GM-5400T running my 2 10'' subs and as it is my car seems to have a hard time producing enough power cause just about anything will reset my system, such as turning the AC on, and my lights flicker noticeably with the bass hits, so should i go with something like a power cell or a capacitor???

And also when i actually get all the speakers hooked up to the amp and the deck do i disconnect the the +/- speaker connections in the wiring harness??

well thanks for any comments :thumbup:

ghettogeddy
06-17-2009, 11:59 AM
well your gona find it easier to run you amp speaker wires to the wires in the harness behind your deck instead of running new wires yes its the ghetto way

but it will save tones of time and not make that much difference

so your best bet is to take 4 wires and label them with the speaker they will connect to
bundle them up and run them to the deck make sure you dont run them with your 12v power line

then just connect them to the amp and to the stock wires in the harness leaving the deck speaker wires hanging (of course cut the open ends off and or cap them)

as for the low power you can first try a larger battery if that does not work you can go with a batt cap, its 100 fared worth of cap but has the starting power of a batter and there small

edit btw the link in your sig fr pics doesn't work

Civic Accord Honda
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
i would just run new wires.. when i changed the speaker wires in my 3g the sound was clearer and its damn cheap as for everything else i agree with geddy

ghettogeddy
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM
i would just run new wires.. when i changed the speaker wires in my 3g the sound was clearer and its damn cheap as for everything else i agree with geddy

ya but your car wa sa demon spawn
lol

oh i forgot i had ran new wires to the rear speakers but that's simple

if you dont want to mess with removing the door panel i would just run them form the stock

Civic Accord Honda
06-17-2009, 04:55 PM
ya but your car wa sa demon spawn
lol

haha soo truee :lol: im good at picking cursed cars!

zack_attack2010
06-19-2009, 03:09 PM

yeah i will probably just run all new speaker wire to the amp, then run 2 sets of RCA cables from the amp to the back of the deck into the front and back outputs, make sense??

and does anybody know anything about hooking up a second battey?? cause im thinking about getting a battery and hooking it up in the trunk, i cant seem to find any articles on it though, but is it bacsically just easy as hooking up my existing power cable to the battery, hook up ground, then run another power cable from the battery to a distributor block and then 2 wires from that for each amp? or do i have to hook up some kind of battery isolator or something???

ghettogeddy
06-19-2009, 03:11 PM
no you need an insulator in order to run a 2nd bat cause if you dont you will constantly be charging 2 battery's and that's hard on the alt

now to ask a good question do you have 3 outputs on that pioneer sub rear and front

89T
06-19-2009, 03:38 PM
no you need an insulator in order to run a 2nd bat cause if you don't you will constantly be charging 2 battery's and that's hard on the alt

now to ask a good question do you have 3 outputs on that pioneer sub rear and front

hmmm...
well it should be constantly charging 2 batt's while its running.
but while the engine is off you only want to draw from 1 batt.
i thinks its a batt isolator.:dunno:

zack_attack2010
06-19-2009, 03:53 PM
no you need an insulator in order to run a 2nd bat cause if you dont you will constantly be charging 2 battery's and that's hard on the alt

haha, yeah i have 3 sets of RCA outputs on my deck: front, back, and sub, lol, that was a requirement when i was buying my deck, 3RCA outputs, and usb input, haha

ghettogeddy
06-19-2009, 03:55 PM
haha, yeah i have 3 sets of RCA outputs on my deck: front, back, and sub, lol, that was a requirement when i was buying my deck, 3RCA outputs, and usb input, haha

just making sure lol

zack_attack2010
06-19-2009, 04:04 PM
just making sure lol

haha yup, and are these what im looking for in terms of an isolator???

Expensive: http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/7016927/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

Budget:
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1333955/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

or maybe something inbetween?? haha

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/fp/scat/39420/SFV/30046

Oh and also i got some pics up finally, just click on the link, it should work, it worked for me