PDA

View Full Version : ASAP!!!! Throttle body/choke diaphragm Question!! ASAP!!!!

zack_attack2010
06-17-2009, 12:47 PM
ok so last night i hopped in my car after work and my car is running like SHIT!!!! and when i was driving to work it was running like a charm, but then after work... like imagine a 1970 car that is virtually unmaintained but still manages to run somehow, lol, and it wont idle, it just dies, but then once i got to 3rd gear the car ran fine, but any lower its just like BAHHHHHHH and the RPM's struggle to get up

so after dieing and fucking around in a random parking lot for about 2 hours at 1 in the morning i finally managed to make it home, and today i removed the air cleaner housing and i replaced a vaccum hose, but i think the choke diaphragm thing has something missing, i think theres supposed to be a wire connected to it, but im not sure, here is a pic

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/zack_attack2010/0617091329.jpg

zack_attack2010
06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Well things are gettin worse, i put the air cleaner housing back together exactly how it was and i went to start the motor and it just went "click" and now it doesnt even try to turn over, its not the battery, cause i can turn my stereo on nice and loud and i pulled out every fuse in the car and checked it, so i dunno, fuck this

i took a vid of what happens when i turn the key, just click on the photobucket link

Civic Accord Honda
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
are you sure its not the battery? just becuase it has enough amps to play everything else doesent meen it has enough to turn the starter... try jump starting it

CzEcHy
06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Might be your float, I had the same problem with mine.. Except I drive an automatic, but it struggled to accelerate, and only ran fine when you floor it and get into 3rd (D3 in my case).. Try adjusting the float bowl screw (yellow screw), that's what I did and the car seems to be working fine lately after that (Just don't over adjust it).

zack_attack2010
06-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Ok so i took it to a mechanic and the final verdict is.....

THE ENGINE SEIZED!!!!.....but wait!!

how can an engine seize by trying to start it?????? it doesnt make sense!!!

Nafs Asdf
06-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Ok so i took it to a mechanic and the final verdict is.....

THE ENGINE SEIZED!!!!.....but wait!!

how can an engine seize by trying to start it?????? it doesnt make sense!!!

Did you check the oil? Maybe it dumped it out or you something caused it not to have enough oil pressure?

zack_attack2010
06-18-2009, 11:17 AM
i just checked the oil last week and it was just fine, the mechanic said that there was very low oil so i dont even know, im so pissed

zack_attack2010
06-18-2009, 12:13 PM
ok, so i got a call back and they checked into it and it was actually hydro-locked, something went wrong on the float valve and it was letting pure gasoline into the cylinders, so now i guess i just need a new carb now, haha

Civic Accord Honda
06-18-2009, 01:39 PM
damn sucks man...

zack_attack2010
06-18-2009, 04:26 PM
damn sucks man...

ehh, i never even knew that an engine could be hydro locked...fuckin carbs, this wouldnt happen if my car was fuel injected, lol