PDA

View Full Version : koni struts with ground control coilover settings

mykwikcoupe
06-17-2009, 09:39 PM
I had sprint springs installed which share the same rates as the eibach springs ground control used in the coilovers i have. im not sure if Im running on the bumpstops but it sure feels like it. I did cut the bumpstops in half before installation. The ground control arent anywhere near bottomed out and moreso adjusted more to the higher settings than lower. The konis are setup as 1.5 turns out from full soft which i got directly from gordon at koni when I installed the sprints. the front rates are the same rears are 50lbs heavier. I dont mind changing the settings but am wondering how soft they should be in the first place.

To explain further, when the car is stopped I can push down on all 4 corners and it feels ok. When im in the cr it feels uber stiff and no give. Id think the shocks are tto stiff? any knowledge to share. im still searching for previous threads.

Tdurr
06-18-2009, 03:05 PM
what are the springs rates? If the struts are matched to the springs, then you just have a really stiff suspension set up and ill trade you. :)

Strugglebucket
06-18-2009, 04:27 PM
So you have sprint springs installed on ground control coilover hardware? The sprint springs are progressive, so if you use the coilovers to force them lower than where they would "naturally" sit, I think they might feel a bit stiffer during normal driving. *EDIT* I'm probably completely wrong on that. I don't really know how the ground controls are set up to adjust height.

As for the koni settings, I have sprints and my konis are at the full stiff rebound setting. It's not too stiff (to me, anyway) and the car does not have any extra bounce. I may soften up the rears some, because I'm actually having a problem with too much oversteer on somewhat bumpy surfaces.

mykwikcoupe
06-19-2009, 09:26 AM
what i meant was I had sprint springs on my konis and I swapped out the sprint spring for ground control coilovers. i did not change the koni settings because the spring rates are almost exact. However they feel as though its too stiff. Maybe Ill try softening them a bit at a time until I find out which is better feeling.

Strugglebucket
06-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Are the springs on the ground controls linear? That might make them feel stiffer than the sprints even though they're the same rate.

mykwikcoupe
06-19-2009, 11:41 PM
they have a progressive rate. my question is, since it feels like Im rocking or bouncing off the ground should I softer the konis or tighten them up? It would make more sence to soften them first to see if they arent allowing the springs to work correctly? Does this seem right to others as well

carotman
06-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Yup, try to soften them. I was bouncing all around with my neuspeed springs then the konis were too stiff.