PDA

View Full Version : Water pump Connecting pipe

ArokASE88LXi
06-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Anyone ever replace this?? I'm putting together an order for majestic for some other gaskets and stuff and it's only $27 brand spankin honda new. i'd like to get it just to have around, but also i have the intake off now and can get to it incredibly easy. has anyone tried to replace it is it pressed in pretty hard. I'd love to hear from anyone with any experience replacing this!!

greentee76
06-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Once you remove all the bolts securing it to the block it just pops out. The only thing that holds it in is an oring seal.

ArokASE88LXi
06-19-2009, 07:56 PM
wow i guess i didnt see the bracket that bolted it to the block. i just took it off! great thanks a lot i'll order with confidence now!

ArokASE88LXi
06-19-2009, 08:06 PM
how about the pipe comin out of the head the one that screws in. Ever replace that before? i'm not sure if i wanna try unscrewing it might be stuck in there leaving me screwed if it comes apart.

carotman
06-20-2009, 05:27 AM
unless this one is rotten, just leave it there.

greentee76
06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
unless this one is rotten, just leave it there.

Yeah, I have swapped them from head to head. A regular pipe wrench will extract it. But, remember it is a steel pipe in an aluminum casting. As Carotman said I wouldn't touch it if it wasn't absolutley necessary.

lostforawhile
06-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I have swapped them from head to head. A regular pipe wrench will extract it. But, remember it is a steel pipe in an aluminum casting. As Carotman said I wouldn't touch it if it wasn't absolutley necessary.

I took mine out,but because I tig welded a steel threaded fitting to the end of it. it's an oddball super fine thread, I had no problems getting it out, once it's out you need to clean the threads, then coat them with something like indian head gasket shellack, for a permanent thread seal, it is in there really tight.

ArokASE88LXi
06-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Well i was putting in an order to majestic and it was only $6 so i thought what the hell. I see what your saying about the steel into aluminum issue I guess what i'll do is leave it for now and try taking it out of the spare 88lxi head i have and replacing that one if it works it gives me a good excuse for beefing up that head i guess. :thumbup:

lostforawhile
06-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Well i was putting in an order to majestic and it was only $6 so i thought what the hell. I see what your saying about the steel into aluminum issue I guess what i'll do is leave it for now and try taking it out of the spare 88lxi head i have and replacing that one if it works it gives me a good excuse for beefing up that head i guess. :thumbup:it will come out with a pipe wrench actually pretty heavy walled tubing.

ArokASE88LXi
06-23-2009, 06:51 PM
it will come out with a pipe wrench actually pretty heavy walled tubing.

Ya that's what I figured on using it's not left hand threaded or something retarded like that right? Well my order hasn't even shipped yet i believe, maybe i can call them and add another coulple o-rings before they do. Last time i ordered it took a week before anything shipped but when i looked on my reciept every single item was special ordered ha ha. but i got my breather filter and new green vacuum hose today so that makes me happy :D