PDA

View Full Version : Shitty Hp/Tq numbers need help!

bakedboarder34
06-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Okay so here is the dealio. i swapped a 32/36 onto my a20a1 with a testpipe. It had some issues but had them fixed. I had the car dyno tuned and i got 52hp 80ft/lbs. I know im not losing that much in my drivetrain, assuming That the car ran way better with the stock carb like a normal lx. What the eff might be wrong!!!!

labeledsk8r
06-21-2009, 12:19 AM
well.... remember the car had 98 HP at the CRANK from factory sooo throw in how ever many miles you have, add in some drive train loss, and any problems the car might have (compresion etc) and im guessing your right on the numbers

do a compresion test and see were the motor itself stands.. if you have alot of miles on it and you have low numbers it might be time for a re-build. and when you say testpipe is that on a stock exhaust? if so im guessing that old muffler is pluged up aswell

Civic Accord Honda
06-21-2009, 12:24 AM
def do a compression test, did you do a full tune up on it ever? including dizzy cap and rotor plugs wireset battery cables grounds valve adjustment fuel filters coolant flush?

how many miles are on it?
mushroom_toy is pushing 90hp i think on his efi 3g with 400+k miles on it with an automatic.

also are you sure the carb is adjusted right and not to lean or to rich?

MessyHonda
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
yeah i think some of the carbed guys did like 86whp with that same carb....also check your timing

2ndGenGuy
06-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Okay so here is the dealio. i swapped a 32/36 onto my a20a1 with a testpipe. It had some issues but had them fixed. I had the car dyno tuned and i got 52hp 80ft/lbs. I know im not losing that much in my drivetrain, assuming That the car ran way better with the stock carb like a normal lx. What the eff might be wrong!!!!

And you didn't come to the meet and the dyno day!?

No your car should be making more horsepower. My Accord put down 67 with the stock 1.8 liter and a 32/36 with 275,000 miles and lots of burning oil. Even with shot rings, and low compression you will make more power than that. At 310,000 miles, with all bolt ons on the same motor and a Weber 38, I made 97whp with the 1.8 liter. So oil burning, low compression, worn motor, knocking rockers, I was still able to pull more HP than stock. Your motor will have to be REALLY REALLY shot to lose that much HP.

Did you have an air fuel map done while you were on the dyno? That would have told you right away if your ratios were off and you needed a tune. Also did you check your timing? Timing being retarded will kill horsepower. What kind of dyno were you on? Was it SAE corrected?

A 32/36 will not give you much power over stock. It's almost the same size as the stock carb. If you're looking for a bit more juice, you'll need a 38 anyways. Or a 40, or 45 or 50, but those get spensive.

mushroom_toy
06-24-2009, 07:23 PM
And you didn't come to the meet and the dyno day!?

No your car should be making more horsepower. My Accord put down 67 with the stock 1.8 liter and a 32/36 with 275,000 miles and lots of burning oil. Even with shot rings, and low compression you will make more power than that. At 310,000 miles, with all bolt ons on the same motor and a Weber 38, I made 97whp with the 1.8 liter. So oil burning, low compression, worn motor, knocking rockers, I was still able to pull more HP than stock. Your motor will have to be REALLY REALLY shot to lose that much HP.

Did you have an air fuel map done while you were on the dyno? That would have told you right away if your ratios were off and you needed a tune. Also did you check your timing? Timing being retarded will kill horsepower. What kind of dyno were you on? Was it SAE corrected?

A 32/36 will not give you much power over stock. It's almost the same size as the stock carb. If you're looking for a bit more juice, you'll need a 38 anyways. Or a 40, or 45 or 50, but those get spensive.

Ditto like cah said, in my 3gee with 400k, two bad cylinders, burning oil, low compression on all cylinders, and auto i put down 90hp and 95ft lbs.