PDA

View Full Version : Swapping B18C1

HondaBoy
06-21-2009, 06:48 PM
my old A20's bottom end had given up last year. so the car has been sitting for a while now. i just found a complete and not modified B18C1 with a transmission to swap in. the guy wants $200. i may offer him a bit more so i can just buy the whole car. i want to pull the wiring and what not from it to make it somewhat of an easy swap. anyways, thats the plan right now. i going to try and get it this week. will probably do a compression test on the motor tomorrow. but its looking up for my 3gee.

Bass Man
06-21-2009, 06:50 PM
What year? Manual tranny?

A18A
06-21-2009, 07:04 PM
yay!

HondaBoy
06-22-2009, 11:10 PM
honestly i'm not sure what year. i'm going tomorrow to look at it and check it out. i'm going to do a compression test first off. if i can i'm just going to pull all the wiring out when i take the engine and manual trans. i guess i need to get a grinder so i can cut the mounts off. i really want this to happen. i'm also going to try and sell my datsun 280Z. if i get rid of it, i can have extra money to do the body work and repaint the 3gee.

labeledsk8r
06-22-2009, 11:22 PM
sweet, and why cut the mounts? B swap mounts are back in production so you can easly just swap it over

HondaBoy
06-22-2009, 11:43 PM
so does that mean the B swap mounts go in place of where the A series sits now? i thought i'd have to cut and weld new mounts.

not sure if i want to modify my fuel tank or throw a fuel cell in. i plan to be able to drive this car around town and be really reliable. i have access to aftermarket parts through my company. so this should be pretty fun.

labeledsk8r
06-22-2009, 11:45 PM
yep just bolt and go, check around on here for a thread called dick head raceing, there still in the R&D part but the company allready has them listed on there site and in a few months will be available for order.. wich gives you time to get everytihng else ready for the car

HondaBoy
06-22-2009, 11:58 PM
well i saw that thread. seems like they are getting impatient. i'll see about those anyways.

HondaBoy
06-24-2009, 12:48 AM
i cant decide wheather or not to just take the whole car. i think it will make things much easier. i would be able to make the money back by selling the parts off this car. so while i'm getting things together, i could sell bits and pieces off the body and interior.

i tried to see about those mounts. but looks like they are still needing to be made for purchase. i really hope this is going to work out with this engine and trans. i hate seeing the 3gee just sitting there not in use.

i plan to add a new ac system, since i want to drive it frequently. the plan is to make this car a comfortable ride. dont want that full on race feel, but more of a sporty cruiser.

Civic Accord Honda
06-24-2009, 12:57 AM
id get the whole car.. and sounds good man... if you got the skillz you mind as well just weld in the mounts that way u dont have to wait.. thats what i would do anyways

MessyHonda
06-24-2009, 06:32 PM
yeah i would get the motor checked out...most of the motors for sale here are abused

HondaBoy
06-28-2009, 11:37 PM
this motor has no modifications, so it looks good. i still havent had the time to go look at it. but i plan to do so on tuesday. the guy had said it needs an ECU. i believe someone stole the ECU it had. just going by other things that have happened to some other cars around here. i shouldnt have to worry about that since my car sits behind a gate.

i'm pretty sure now that i will be taking the whole car in the sale. its over all easier that way and like i said, i can make my money back parting the car out. DA integras are a dime a dozen around here. so i know people will bite on the parts i would have to offer.

working in auto parts sales, i know a whole lot of people that drive integras. not so many people that drive 3gee accords. so i dont know what i'll do with the old engine and tranny. the trans is in perfect working order, the engine can be cleaned up and rebuilt. i'd just rather go forth and do a swap at this time.

'A20A3'
06-29-2009, 07:59 AM
if you can get the whole car, do it. then the wiring wont be a issue. just weld the motor in, figure out axles, plug in the harness and floor it.

carotman
06-29-2009, 08:53 AM
DA Integra? B18C1?

It's been swapped in.

'A20A3'
06-30-2009, 08:08 AM
^^DC2

94-01 Integra GS-R OBD-2

HondaBoy
07-01-2009, 12:52 PM
yes, it was swapped in, but never completed due to lack of proper knowledge. he just didnt know all the little stuff that was needed in the change, so he pretty much gave up. thats whey thats perfect for me! this will be very exciting to have the 3gee swapped and complete the dream.

Rendon LX-i
07-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Good to hear bro...i cant wait to see the progress

MessyHonda
07-02-2009, 12:43 AM
so did you end up getting it?

HondaBoy
07-07-2009, 03:15 AM
this guy has been real shifty. and to top it off, the car was impounded. i've offered to pay to get the car out, if its not too much, i'd compensate with a bit extra money. but yeah, he hasnt got back to me. i've made it clear i've got the money ready to go, which he needs badly for rent. so hopefully things will work out. if not, i'll likely find me another swapped integra to use the engine, tranny and wiring.

then again, i could always clean my engine up and put a crank kit in. but thats where i find it more worth it to do the work of a full on engine swap. if i do fix up the A20, its limited by the fact that there's just not enough readily available parts to do what i want easily. not to knock the A20, its a great engine. but i'm looking for an easy 200 hp engine that doesnt require a lot of things to get it there. i'm sure most of you guys know what i'm saying.

MessyHonda
07-08-2009, 06:34 AM
you are going to have to run fuel injection of a stand alone system to get 200 hp out of any engine

HondaBoy
07-26-2009, 05:23 PM
looking for another engine. i offered to pay to get it out of the impound and everything. had money in hand. i guess that guy found it more worth it to loose the car all together! what a moron! but more to come as this project isnt being ditched.

MessyHonda
07-26-2009, 05:50 PM
sounds good...you should look into engine importers

HondaBoy
08-04-2009, 02:22 PM
now i'm thinking i'd be wasting money and time swapping a B series. why not just buy an RSX? all the parts would be there and would be more worth while. K series is what i really wanted, i'm glad i did not waste any money on that B18. wrecked rsx's are becomming more and more common.

Rendon LX-i
08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
lol

v8vega
08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
now i'm thinking i'd be wasting money and time swapping a B series. why not just buy an RSX? all the parts would be there and would be more worth while. K series is what i really wanted, i'm glad i did not waste any money on that B18. wrecked rsx's are becomming more and more common.

RSX engine is super but I was going to say if it comes to rebuilding your engine I would rather try to fine a 88 89 Accord LXi engine, the 120 hp 122 torque one, for a bolt in, no hassel with smog, and a small performance increase.

russiankid
08-13-2009, 09:31 AM
K20 into the 3gee?

HondaBoy
11-23-2009, 03:10 PM
yeah, i think i'm going to try and source an RSX with body damage. that or just buy a complete bottom end. the A20 bottom is about $350 from city motor supply out of San Antonio. thats more than likely what i'm going to do for now. i just hate seeing my 3gee sit and not have anything done to it. hopefully my Weber is still going to work, its been sitting for a while.

MessyHonda
11-24-2009, 12:47 AM
nice to see you back

wprocomp
11-24-2009, 03:53 PM
dude $200 for a b18c1-don't go near that I can 90% assure you its stolen,I have a built LS bottom end if you want a legit motor,Eagle rods,JE pistons .020bore,balanced and blueprinted,ready to go just needs a head for $725

I have a b18c1 bare block you can start from scratch from for $60

lemme know you know where I reside lol

MessyHonda
11-25-2009, 01:42 AM
so whats the plan? k or b

Rendon LX-i
11-25-2009, 07:55 AM
B is cheaper since the mounts are already made....K SERIES is alot. of fab. cable ran trans. backwards motor...would be nice but cost you more then anything

Dat88Monstar
12-21-2009, 06:11 PM
i am thinking about doing a b18 swap two what wire harness would i use its my first swap soo work with the noob

Civic Accord Honda
12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Custom...-_-

Edison Carasio
12-23-2009, 07:10 AM
i am thinking about doing a b18 swap two what wire harness would i use its my first swap soo work with the noob

Hasport Performance I think used to offer a service on their website that if you sent them the two harnesses, they would do the work for you (for a fee of several hundred dollars of course). I emailed them to ask if they could do a CA5 to B18A1 (Integra LS non-VTEC) wiring harness. Hopefully I hear back today.

Dat88Monstar
12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
kewww i also have another question what axles would i use?? i was thinking about that when i was removing the a20 axles today

mykwikcoupe
12-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Hasport Performance I think used to offer a service on their website that if you sent them the two harnesses, they would do the work for you (for a fee of several hundred dollars of course). I emailed them to ask if they could do a CA5 to B18A1 (Integra LS non-VTEC) wiring harness. Hopefully I hear back today.

contact angus LX-Incredible. He biult my harness and does amazing work. It looks better then stock and he will make it however you want. Ive posted pics in a few of my threads. You wont be sorry

HondaBoy
01-15-2010, 07:01 PM
I have a b18c1 bare block you can start from scratch from for $60

hey if you still have it, i'll keep that in mind.

i'm probably going to put a new A20 bottom end in and just get the thing running. most likely in the summer.