PDA

View Full Version : sensor at the bottom of radiator

60408CC
06-21-2009, 07:52 PM
so my leaking time bomb finaly took a shit. one of my friends had one from a 4 gen and i used it switched all the fans and hoses to get it to work right but there was no place for the sensor. what is it for and what do i do about it...

after i got it swapped over and full of coolant. fired it up and bled the bleeder valve by the temp sensor. every time i pushed on the brake the temp sensor spiked to hot.

started and turned it off a few times then drove it and the temp gage was normal dont know what happened but i dont want to break anything any help is apprecated

LX-incredible
06-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Save us some annoyance and ignore it... Leaving out the radiator fan switch wouldn't cause the car to overheat at a stop, that just wouldn't make sense...

A18A
06-22-2009, 05:43 AM
i don't know about over heating, but in my experience i had the temperature needle go high while the car was sitting (no air flow through the radiator) cause of a faulty switch not turning the fans on. i would hook them up to a switch and try to make it a habit of turning them on when stuck in traffic or something

60408CC
06-22-2009, 09:42 AM
the fan on the drivers side works just like it did before i swaped 4 gen into my car i removed the sensor off the stock one and put it back together what does that sensor do and do i need it or not?

LX-incredible
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Just unhook the other larger switch on the thermostat housing... That'll stop the drivers fan from coming on by itself...

The switch on the bottom of the radiator turns on the fans. The reason the drivers fan is coming on is because engine temp is way high due to the radiator switch never turning the fans on. A back up switch on the thermostat housing is signaling the fan timer under the seat, which turns the sub cooling fan on when temp is above normal.

Get a job, buy the proper radiator, and install with the switch. Don't be a retard.

60408CC
06-25-2009, 07:43 AM
this is for LX-incredible:

thanks for the info

but

some of us dont alwas have the option to get exactly what we need and we make due with what we can. and to answer your statement i do have a job couldnt get a stock 3 gen one so i used what i could find.

oh ya and dont say shit if you dont know the person it was a question for help not to be called names DONT BE AN ASS

JenJam
09-11-2009, 06:07 PM
My car is over heating too. I put a brass radiator about a year ago due to budget. All the radators that were fiber were aready turn to "Mush" and the brass one was the only decent one. Now the fanshave stoped working entirely. Fuse is good i the engine compartment so is the relay. I had the radiator replaced a year ago no problems untill now.

JenJam
09-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I am over heating the fans don't run at all when it gets to temp. Therostat does it thing. I got a brass radiator in it. Fuses and relays apear okay? Shouls I replace the radiator switch first? I don't know where the brass radiator can out of all I know worked well for one year

jasonrebellion
09-12-2009, 01:14 AM
I am over heating the fans don't run at all when it gets to temp. Therostat does it thing. I got a brass radiator in it. Fuses and relays apear okay? Shouls I replace the radiator switch first? I don't know where the brass radiator can out of all I know worked well for one year

thats what i would try first....double check the connection first

LX-incredible
09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Jump the 2 pins on the fan switch connector. The fans should now come on whenever the key is turned to run (II). If the fans don't come on the problem isn't with the switch.

Are you sure the thermostat is fine? Many times they will only open partially, the top hose will still be hot, but there isn't sufficient flow to cool the engine, or to arrive hot at the sensor on the bottom of the radiator. The fans will never come on if the airflow over the radiator is sufficient to cool the small amount water getting past the thermostat. They're only like $8 from the dealer and are easy to change.

Ichiban
09-12-2009, 04:59 PM
On my 2g the connections are male/female bullet connectors, so if the fan thermoswitch fails, you can simply plug one car end into the other, and the fans run constantly when IG on. I'm not sure if the 3g accord was that smart. Anyways, after 6 months of the car never getting to temperature, I smartened up and spent the 30 bucks on a new thermoswitch.

Oh, if jumping the terminals does nothing, the fan's fucked. Get one that works.