PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys, Ive decided to sell my 3g!

GraniteLXI
06-23-2009, 03:24 AM
Yep...its true- but dont worry I will still be around! I plan on using the $ from the sale (Im hoping for around $1000) and adding another $1500 or so and getting myself a nice 5 speed 94+ integra with very little/no rust. Chances are I wont join an integra forum either, lol im sure you guys could help me if I needed it.

Ive decided to just face it, if i go and stick all this $ into my accord (And I already have a lot in it- Dont we all? haha) with time the rust I do have will continue and be more and more of a problem despite it not being bad at the moment. I just need a better base to work with, something 5 speed thats in good shape.

I'm totally going to have seller's remorse when its gone :crying: but I figure a decent Integra should be well worth it and if anything arnt integras just faster accords w/ different suspension? XD

My Ad:
http://greenbay.craigslist.org/cto/1235003356.html

And dont worry....I'm still going to keep my eyes peeled for a good 5 speed accord LXi hatchback if one ever shows up for sale around me :)

Civic Accord Honda
06-23-2009, 04:31 AM
`Good luck on the sale and we will miss your 3gee ! but glad that your going to still stick around on the forum

GraniteLXI
06-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Well I cleaned her out today- removed my amp and sub as well as the wiring. I also put the oem intake parts in the trunk.....shes all ready to go just awaiting some interested peoples.

If the car sells soon I should have around $3000+ put away within the next 3 months to pick up a good teggy.

Hope you guys dont mind the change, at least im still stickin with Honda :werd:

danny nr crew
06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
yea man good luck on the sale and ur cars also clean so it should sell quickly but hey im not much of an integra guy but if u do get one i would get an old school one i like those more for some reason

GraniteLXI
06-23-2009, 05:39 PM
yea man good luck on the sale and ur cars also clean so it should sell quickly but hey im not much of an integra guy but if u do get one i would get an old school one i like those more for some reason

Thanks, I prefer the 3rd gen (I think they r 3rd gen haha, then i could call it a 3gee <3) 1994-1999 or w/e the year range is when the circle headlights came out for the first time.

Ive always liked tegs but sadly I see people riceing the royal shit out of them because they are moderately fast from stock. Oh well, mine will be clean like my current 3g :)

EDIT: Yep i was close- 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994 - 2001) I shall still be a 3g owner just of a different breed :)

Pico
06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
sorry to hear your getting rid of the 3G, but glad to hear you'll be sticking around.
Hope you wont regret selling her.

GraniteLXI
06-23-2009, 07:10 PM
sorry to hear your getting rid of the 3G, but glad to hear you'll be sticking around.
Hope you wont regret selling her.

Id only regret selling her if the integra I get in her place turns out to be shit (but im sure it wont, $3000-$4000ish seems to get a nice clean teg with good mileage):
http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/1214675015.html a nice example! id even settle for a non vtec LS one long as the body is straight and clean :)

I like you guys too much to go anywhere else, you guys know enough that im sure you could help me w/ the integra if I had any issues hehe.

I guess only thing is i hope I dont have to de-rice the teggy when I get it in a couple of months like I had to de-rice my 3g (refer to the early posts from my 3g update thread T.T )

GraniteLXI
06-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Or I was wondering would a prelude be a better option? I dont see ANY vids on youtube of people who have gotten their ludes stolen lol. Also are stock preludes faster then stock integra Gsrs?

Also I did a little checking into the top stolen vehicles in Wisconsin and the integra doesnt even meet that list! I prolly wont have anything to worry about unless i drive it and park it in a known bad neighborhood.

Civic Accord Honda
06-26-2009, 08:26 PM
prelude has h22 and h23 there for 2.2L and 2.3L .. which should indeed be faster then a 1.8 b18 lol (unless u were getting a type r teggy :O)

snoopyloopy
06-27-2009, 08:57 AM
i don't remember the trim levels, but the 4g (and i think the 5g too) came with h23 or h22. h22 is performance motor, h23 is base. h22 is vtec, h23 is generally not. h23 vtec was available, but i don't remember if that was stateside or only jdm. as compared to the integra, i'm not sure how much faster they are if any. i would imagine that they could be, even if it wasn't by much. also since lude parts aren't in as high a demand as teg parts and also people generally think the 4g looks of fail and the 5g looks like a whale, they aren't stolen as much. but of course, if you say theft isn't a problem in your area, might help. of course, insurance company might just do data nationally, where the teg is still a pretty commonly stolen car.

labeledsk8r
06-27-2009, 09:32 AM
good luck on the sale have fun trying to find a rust free car

i don't remember the trim levels, but the 4g (and i think the 5g too) came with h23 or h22. h22 is performance motor, h23 is base. h22 is vtec, h23 is generally not. h23 vtec was available, but i don't remember if that was stateside or only jdm. as compared to the integra, i'm not sure how much faster they are if any. i would imagine that they could be, even if it wasn't by much. also since lude parts aren't in as high a demand as teg parts and also people generally think the 4g looks of fail and the 5g looks like a whale, they aren't stolen as much. but of course, if you say theft isn't a problem in your area, might help. of course, insurance company might just do data nationally, where the teg is still a pretty commonly stolen car.

nope we got the F22 wich is the single cam version mostly, the H22 swaps over and uses the exact same mounts and trans's can swap from motor to motor even heads can swap from single to dual

and my car is NOT a whale :rofl:

snoopyloopy
06-27-2009, 12:12 PM

nope we got the F22 wich is the single cam version mostly, the H22 swaps over and uses the exact same mounts and trans's can swap from motor to motor even heads can swap from single to dual

lol wut...i was talking about 'ludes, man, not accords.

Civic Accord Honda
06-27-2009, 12:40 PM
:lol:

GraniteLXI
06-27-2009, 05:25 PM

As of today i got some1 interested in the accord. And as far as a rust free teg/lude they seem to be in MUCH better shape, people who have those cars around here know they do not do well in winter period. Almost every teg/lude i see on craiglist (besides the old 4-door tegs which i dont want) have very little to no rust!

labeledsk8r
06-27-2009, 07:51 PM
lol wut...i was talking about 'ludes, man, not accords.

hahah im half asleep i asume when someone says a gen i allways resort back to accords.. bad habit lol

Bluntman
06-27-2009, 08:07 PM
As of today i got some1 interested in the accord. And as far as a rust free teg/lude they seem to be in MUCH better shape, people who have those cars around here know they do not do well in winter period. Almost every teg/lude i see on craiglist (besides the old 4-door tegs which i dont want) have very little to no rust!

You should come to California, everything rust free, and pick your part is a gold mine, There really is no better place to be IMO.

labeledsk8r
06-27-2009, 08:09 PM
You should come to California, everything rust free, and pick your part is a gold mine, There really is no better place to be IMO.

florida is just the same man... but are junkyards are slim pickins thanks to them cushing like crazzy

GraniteLXI
07-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Well, today is the last day with her if my dad follows through giving me the $ today. I'm driving it to work today 1 last time then its goodbye 3g :sadwave:

I guess I still get to see it tho, my dad is goona fix the rest of the maintenance on it and use it as a commuter.

danny nr crew
07-06-2009, 10:24 AM
damn ur gonna hate the feeling of letting it go but at least its still in the family good luck man

GraniteLXI
07-06-2009, 04:18 PM
damn ur gonna hate the feeling of letting it go but at least its still in the family good luck man

Yep, but the feeling of filling in that emptiness with an Integra GSr should make it well worth it.

snoopyloopy
07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
oh good luck filling that void unless you manage to snag a gs-r sedan