PDA

View Full Version : Makin A Custom Grille!!!

HondaBoy
10-01-2002, 02:12 PM
monday was a day off from my hellish school so me and my lil sister went to the junk yard. i found a grille that looked like one off a honda legend(japan). it has the honda "H" in the middle. i picked that up for $10. i am now in the process of fitting it by cutting it. when its ready to go on im going to paint it white so it will stand out cuz its black and when i set it up and stood away u couldnt see it good. im also going to take the "H" off the hood cuz it would look stupid with 2 "H"s one above the other. i will try to post pics but i dont know how. TELL ME WUT U THINK ABOUT THIS MOD.

Mantis88LX
10-01-2002, 02:25 PM
sounds kool

post pics when u get it done

3G Jester
10-02-2002, 09:51 AM
post some pics of it first--before u cut everything up--or at elast take some before u cut, wether u post em up first or not. I wanna see what it looks like prior too in case i dig it--i can do it. and so i know what to look for.

HondaBoy
10-04-2002, 08:17 PM
im going to be doing some work on it this weekend. i will try to take some pics first though. the way im planning on this thing, well its not even going to look like it did when i got it.

HondaBoy
10-04-2002, 09:36 PM
o and for the "H" in the middle of this grille, i think i want to get a illuminated type to put in the space for it. i bet that would look tight

HondaBoy
10-21-2002, 07:31 PM
i havent had too much time, so i havnt even worked on the grille. i still need that grille mesh to put between it. i will post pix when i get it started and finished.

HondaBoy
10-24-2002, 03:50 PM
since im off on monday i will have a while to mess around with my car. so maybe i will get to this grille i want to make. the problem is i have no money to get the mesh insert. i think the one at Pepboys is about $20-$35. my friend wanted to get one and let me use what is left cuz im just doing the small grille on the hood. but i dont think there will be enough left cuz hes doing his bumper.

87AccordsterLx
10-24-2002, 06:20 PM
that mesh comes in a silver color doesnt it??? I need some to do mine as well...

HondaBoy
10-24-2002, 09:01 PM
ya it come in silver, blue, green, red and thats about it. the mesh grille is in a package with a civic on it but its universal. so i can customize and stuff. i will mosdef take some pix.

Immeraufdemhund
10-25-2002, 05:14 AM
can't you just go to a hardware shop and get some leaf blockers for gutters, then you could paint it whatever you want. I'm finding it's kinda hard to get a piece of mesh behind the small part on the hood, but i think i found a good way to do it. When i get started on it again, i'll post pics and measurments and what not.

DavidRCT
10-25-2002, 06:02 AM
i did mine a while ago and all u need is to go to like any hardware store and pick up that gutter leaf blocker thing like the guy above said. Look for it really good cause the one i got looks just like some of the ones they sell at the local performance shop and they're like more than half the price. You can paint it if you want to make it look a little bit better.

HondaBoy
10-25-2002, 09:06 PM
oh well maybe i will consider doing that if it looks pretty good. i will try to do that tommorw. i will probley do it in white.