PDA

View Full Version : go power problem

headbanger
06-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Okay I drove the crap out of my car today because I was dying to see how header performed.
But as I drove around I noticed that sometimes I would be about half pedal and car was moving sort of in slow motion but then while not adding or taking any away from pedal it would take off all of sudden like I had flipped a switch it has never acted this way be4 so I know somehow I must have messed something up im going to go through everything I did yesterday and was just wondering if any1 might know what I screwed up.
When I put header on I had distributor out ,spark plug wires off,gooseneck off, and the sensors on exhaust manifold off.
Was wondering if maybe I might have messed up timing,or maybe if I had gotten vaccums on distributor backwards if it would cause this.

Thx so much appreciate all the help gents.

Civic Accord Honda
06-27-2009, 05:48 PM
swap the 02 sensor wires around and see if that fixes it many people have had simuler problems

headbanger
06-27-2009, 05:48 PM
ok Ill give it a whirl

Pico
06-27-2009, 06:21 PM
swap the 02 sensor wires around and see if that fixes it many people have had simuler problems

exactly...
I had that problem and swapping the 02 took care of the problems

headbanger
06-27-2009, 06:36 PM
cool that makes me very happy I was hoping it would be something simple thx alot gents

headbanger
06-28-2009, 08:08 AM
thx alot guyz that was the problem I tried taking sensors out of header but it was not going to good was afraid they would strip so I got to looking an the plugs even though they were different colors they had the same plug end.I remember when I did have them out that they were same size, and length and looked identical so I just swapped were they plugged in.Worked beautiful.
It was pretty funny I was driving through town an this guy in a turboed neon was wanting to race so we headed up through town And I dont know if car was setup wrong or if he just couldnt drive but I smoked his a$$ and after he wouldnt pull back up next to me at the other 2 lights we stopped at because I think he was ashamed lol.I think he should be cause I smoked his car with a 20 year old 200,000 mile car hahahahaha.:rofl:

Civic Accord Honda
06-28-2009, 11:22 AM
it was a neon.. there was no turbo he just put a intercooler up front to make people think he had one and had a boom box under the hood making all the turbo sounds! :lol: damn neon ricers!

headbanger
06-28-2009, 11:46 AM
;lol