PDA

View Full Version : Idle problem

Francos Accord
07-01-2009, 05:10 PM
When i start the car, if i dont have my foot on the accelerator, it will runfor a second while the rpms calm down from starting, then it stalls out. Even in reverse and drive, if i dont have constant pressure on the pedal it will stall out. What could the problem be?

headbanger
07-01-2009, 06:52 PM
When i start the car, if i dont have my foot on the accelerator, it will runfor a second while the rpms calm down from starting, then it stalls out. Even in reverse and drive, if i dont have constant pressure on the pedal it will stall out. What could the problem be?

carb or fi ?
if carb check idle control solenoid only other thing on carb with a wire besides choke.

Francos Accord
07-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Its a carb, where is the idle control solenoid

EDIT: Im a moron...

greentee76
07-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Its a carb, where is the idle control solenoid

Rear of carb towards bottom on passenger side.

headbanger
07-02-2009, 05:19 AM
idle control solenoid is in middle of the back of ur carb here is a pic. to make it easy.Youll want to check that it is functioning works good to have some1 turn on car.On mine wire had broken in to an was doing same thing u describe.Easy way to get it out is to use a 1/4 inch socket sized to fit a phillips bit.put socket an bit on screw an give it a couple of taps with a hammer.Then put on ratchet an unscrew.Using tapping method will save you the heartache of stripping heads off the screws trust me. lol
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/balldropr/101_0757.jpg