PDA

View Full Version : Fun time

CzEcHy
07-03-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm still a little hyped about what I just accomplished (Yes I ran here first), anyway so I was driving around town in my little 88' LX with NO mods of any sort, no exhaust, etc.. Just the stock carb. and a20, and to top it off, it's an automatic.. (And I don't really take care of it like oil changes and etc due to money lately..)

ANYWAY - This duel exhaust 05-07 Manual Mustang with his bass going and buddy in the car, decides to try to race me when we hit a red light.. Long story short, I switched to D3, light turned green, I took off, he spun tires, he shifted to early in first and second, so we were neck and neck (I was ahead by like 3 feet the whole time), and he almost slammed into another Honda (Element I think), but I was pretty confident I would of still had him for a little bit longer seeing I wasn't even above like 4500rpm in 3rd lol.. (I don't know what we hit in mph tho, but we were getting up there..)

Anyway ya, that was my little war story and victory (I love my little a20)

But ya, my busted front left fender, missing turn signal, scratched paint job, 233,xxx mile Accord just beat something nice and new lol

Civic Accord Honda
07-03-2009, 06:30 PM
:lol: gotta love it!

Juggalo88Accord
07-03-2009, 06:45 PM
haha Nice dont you just love that. ive beaten Subaru stis just cause tha driver dosnt have tha balls to take turns with a little bit of speed in a car that clearly should be smokin us. What a Great Feeling

Ayeobe
07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
But dont our accords beat nice n new cars all the time, though not nessesarily in that way? Be it comfert, longevity, easy layout of the dash, overall pleasure for all involved (even people outside the car =O ) and many many more reasons?!

Juggalo88Accord
07-03-2009, 07:06 PM
But dont our accords beat nice n new cars all the time, though not nessesarily in that way? Be it comfert, longevity, easy layout of the dash, overall pleasure for all involved (even people outside the car =O ) and many many more reasons?!

Defiantly im 6 foot 5 350 pounds an i can fit in tha little suckers comfortably

Bass Man
07-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I have problems beating faster style ricers due to tire spin... Maybe I need an automatic!

Bass Man
07-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Getting out is a different story, though.... Takes some skill!

danny nr crew
07-03-2009, 07:18 PM
haha i know how u feel i tied with an integra gsr but had a lil head problems and while he was in redline i was only at 6k it was so awsome i race to much lol

Juggalo88Accord
07-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Getting out is a different story, though.... Takes some skill!

Ya I gotta Wobble a little bit to build momentum its worst wen parked uphill an tha door dosnt wanna stay open

Civic Accord Honda
07-03-2009, 07:36 PM

im 6ft 1 ish and 170 pounds and can not get comfortable in the 91 civic at all :lol: i cant even move my legs cause the damn steering wheel rubs them haha when i had my 3g i was around 260 and the only complent i hasd was the moon roof making the roof lower and my head rubbed on it but damn it was so much more comfortable in every other way

charliekuney
07-03-2009, 11:29 PM
This duel exhaust 05-07 Manual Mustang with his bass going and buddy in the car, decides to try to race me when we hit a red light.. Long story short, I switched to D3, light turned green, I took off, he spun tires, he shifted to early in first and second, so we were neck and neck (I was ahead by like 3 feet the whole time), and he almost slammed into another Honda (Element I think), but I was pretty confident I would of still had him for a little bit longer seeing I wasn't even above like 4500rpm in 3rd lol.. (I don't know what we hit in mph tho, but we were getting up there...

Ha, that reminds me of the time I beat this '97-03 BMW 5-series (most likely the 2.5L 525i; it was debadged).

Other than that, all I've raced (and beaten) were a '01-05 Civic Si and a Plymouth Breeze. :)

ChaseR
07-03-2009, 11:53 PM
um.. wow.... You have a carburated automatic accord and you managed to beat a mustang?

How old are you? Did you just get your license or something? have you ever driven a fast car?

russiankid
07-04-2009, 05:41 AM
I highly doubt you beat a Mustang...dual exhaust is most likely a GT, unless of course its a V6 with duals.

cubert
07-04-2009, 06:18 AM
lol @ this thread...and the 4569493 ones that came before it exactly like it.

"I beat a brand new Ferrari Scuderia in a drag race with my sub 100 horsepower 20 year old car. I launched alot harder than him, but he kept with me for awhile. He almost passed me but had to swerve to avoid a school bus filled with small children and launched his car into a shallow river."

Cue a half dozen responses of everyone praising the 3g, no matter how ridiculous the original claim is.

2drSE-i
07-04-2009, 08:02 AM
You guys clearly didnt read his post lol....

He said, and im paraphrasing

"I beat him because he didnt get traction, shifted to early out of first and second, and then had to slam on the brakes to avoid missing another car. I know thats the only reason i beat him, but it still felt good"

He wasn't making claims like 'I BEAT AN STi BY 9 CAR LENGTHS STRAIGHT UP! ON 3 FLAT TYREZ WITH MY STOCK GEO METRO!!

Juggalo88Accord
07-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I highly doubt you beat a Mustang...dual exhaust is most likely a GT, unless of course its a V6 with duals.

Its Not all that suprising you know how many 16 year old kids get those things from there parents and have no clue how to drive them.

cubert
07-04-2009, 09:36 AM

"I beat him because he didnt get traction, shifted to early out of first and second, and then had to slam on the brakes to avoid missing another car. I know thats the only reason i beat him, but it still felt good"

He wasn't making claims like 'I BEAT AN STi BY 9 CAR LENGTHS STRAIGHT UP! ON 3 FLAT TYREZ WITH MY STOCK GEO METRO!!

oh..okay..well in that case bravo for street racing in traffic.

Civic Accord Honda
07-04-2009, 10:24 AM

homie my geo metro lyke omg beat a camero with a 350 enjin n it cause i lyke took the hubcaps off and advanced the timing n put some "engine restore" oil in it which lyke omg tottaly added an extra 0 to the hp numberz :D

MessyHonda
07-04-2009, 10:35 AM
lol @ this thread...and the 4569493 ones that came before it exactly like it.

"I beat a brand new Ferrari Scuderia in a drag race with my sub 100 horsepower 20 year old car. I launched alot harder than him, but he kept with me for awhile. He almost passed me but had to swerve to avoid a school bus filled with small children and launched his car into a shallow river."

Cue a half dozen responses of everyone praising the 3g, no matter how ridiculous the original claim is.

lol...so true...we all drive slow cars.

CzEcHy
07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Ye, I wasn't claiming we were on a drag strip or something, it was just a bit of luck on my part and his bad shifting

And anyway - he was 25+ years old, he wasn't just some kid with his parents Mustang, and I'm not just some kid either whose never driven a fast car..

My whole point was indeed, I beat a Mustang because of some good luck, and it felt good to show up some cocky guy in a better car..

And ya, I drive a carburated automatic, and outshifted him in it lol.. He kept shifting to early and I just waited till he shifted until I shifted

I'm not implying we went for like a mile and I had him the whole way, I just had him till around 200-300 feet, till the other Honda came, and we got into 3rd which isn't to bad I guess

And it was most defiantly a duel exhaust one (I was driving around him for atleast 5 miles before the light), and he had the added mufflers' to make it sound beefier you know

charliekuney
07-04-2009, 11:40 AM
lol...so true...we all drive slow cars.

I understand that our cars aren't supercars, but they still aren't 1.0L Metros...

Bass Man
07-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Lol!! I "raced" a riced out Geo storm on drag night in a city close to mine. I think my 87 is slow, but holy crap! That Geo was being driven nicely and I didn't even have to use my secondaries to keep even with him. I played with that thing for 3 lights and didn't even get on it the 3rd light and he riced off with his open header... I shook my head.

That was a fun night! There was a "pretty" (offroaders hate that word) 86-89 Yota lifted pickup 4x4 trying to "race" the faster cars, and we just left him like he wasn't even moving.

Civic Accord Honda
07-04-2009, 02:07 PM
lol honesty my 1.0 geo metro felt more powerfull then the 91 civic when it was dpfi.. now the civic feels a tad tiny bit more peppy then the metro....

russiankid
07-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Ye, I wasn't claiming we were on a drag strip or something, it was just a bit of luck on my part and his bad shifting

And anyway - he was 25+ years old, he wasn't just some kid with his parents Mustang, and I'm not just some kid either whose never driven a fast car..

My whole point was indeed, I beat a Mustang because of some good luck, and it felt good to show up some cocky guy in a better car..

And ya, I drive a carburated automatic, and outshifted him in it lol.. He kept shifting to early and I just waited till he shifted until I shifted

I'm not implying we went for like a mile and I had him the whole way, I just had him till around 200-300 feet, till the other Honda came, and we got into 3rd which isn't to bad I guess

And it was most defiantly a duel exhaust one (I was driving around him for atleast 5 miles before the light), and he had the added mufflers' to make it sound beefier you know

Yeah your trans outshifted him. I don't think he was really on it because I have a carburetored Accord with a 5-speed and I know thats a fair bit faster than an auto one.

CzEcHy
07-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah your trans outshifted him. I don't think he was really on it because I have a carburetored Accord with a 5-speed and I know thats a fair bit faster than an auto one.

He was on it, his engine was screaming, he was just badly on it cause he kept shifting wrong or something..

That's my whole point people <.<

"It felt good to keep up with a Mustang, regardless of the fact he would of eventually passed me if not for the Element"

snoopyloopy
07-04-2009, 06:43 PM
http://thinkerspodium.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

btw, dual is 2, duel is fight.

ArokASE88LXi
07-05-2009, 12:47 AM
http://thinkerspodium.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

btw, dual is 2, duel is fight.

HA HA HA HA HA that's hilarious

I have to add its not that hard to beat those v6 mustangs (no way you'd beat a GT i used to pdi those before we put em on the lot and they were FAST) i beat one a couple years back when i had my 90 Ford Anal Probe V6 some girl thought she was cool and i passed her by a nose then i had to slow down for a car in front of me ha ha ha 3 blocks later i saw her ass pulled over i laughed all the way home it was a great day!

CzEcHy
07-05-2009, 12:35 PM
HA HA HA HA HA that's hilarious

I have to add its not that hard to beat those v6 mustangs (no way you'd beat a GT i used to pdi those before we put em on the lot and they were FAST) i beat one a couple years back when i had my 90 Ford Anal Probe V6 some girl thought she was cool and i passed her by a nose then i had to slow down for a car in front of me ha ha ha 3 blocks later i saw her ass pulled over i laughed all the way home it was a great day!

Don't think it was a GT, but it still felt good to keep up with my little sedan no where near meant for performance lol :c

paul
07-23-2009, 03:37 PM
And ya, I drive a carburated automatic, and outshifted him in it lol.. He kept shifting to early...

That's because he wasn't racing you...

MessyHonda
07-23-2009, 11:11 PM
That's because he wasn't racing you...

yup...carb autos are slow they only put out like 70whp

CzEcHy
07-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Everybody has ruined this thread by not believing anything <.<

If you spin tires, grind your gears by shifting to fast, and almost slam into the back of another car by doing 60+ in a 30, then you indeed are "racing", or atleast trying to show off..

So everybody needs to stop with the whole "he wasn't trying" or "he wasn't racing", or "impossible" etc...

Seriously guys, it's not like I said I just beat a porche by 2 miles and hit 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, lord.

You guys are very very skeptical of anything.

MessyHonda
07-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Everybody has ruined this thread by not believing anything <.<

If you spin tires, grind your gears by shifting to fast, and almost slam into the back of another car by doing 60+ in a 30, then you indeed are "racing", or atleast trying to show off..

So everybody needs to stop with the whole "he wasn't trying" or "he wasn't racing", or "impossible" etc...

Seriously guys, it's not like I said I just beat a porche by 2 miles and hit 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, lord.

You guys are very very skeptical of anything.
most of us know what our cars can do....we all drive them...i own everything from a carb to a race ready motor...doing a b20 swap on my other car as we speak