PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, 3geez.com. Goodbye, 3g.

charliekuney
07-04-2009, 07:20 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/11sky2q.jpg

Bass Man
07-04-2009, 07:26 PM
NOOOO!!!! Such a nice coupe!! It's not fair!! Take mine instead!!!

That suck-starts a harley..

charliekuney
07-04-2009, 07:28 PM
NOOOO!!!! Such a nice coupe!! It's not fair!! Take mine instead!!!

That suck-starts a harley..

Do you (or anyone) want to hear the story behind the crash? Oh, and it's way worse than it looks.

turabaka
07-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Do you (or anyone) want to hear the story behind the crash? Oh, and it's way worse than it looks.

yes I do. That looks like it'll buff out though. heh.

charliekuney
07-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I was following this Dodge Caravan (by several car-lengths) up a really long, straight, slightly inclined off-ramp, so we were still going 50-60mph. Well, not only are there Evergreens and ditches on both sides of the two-car wide exit, there's a turn at the end. All-of-the-sudden, a Jaguar XJ comes around the corner doing about 20-30mph going the wrong way (on the [our] left side), and when he finally sees us, he doesn't slow down. All at the same time, the vam slams on it's brakes, and I slam on mine. Lucky for me, my tires and brakes are crap, so they instantly lock up, and without any way to control my car, I glide right into the back of the van. You would have to be less than 20ft from the back of the van to see it's damage. On the good side, I barely missed a head-on collision with the Jag...

AccordB20A
07-04-2009, 09:12 PM
ohh thats sad

2drSE-i
07-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Did the jag get the fault for the accident? Or is it on your hands? Either way, sorry about the wreck, NEVER fun.

Oh, and its just a flesh wound :kekeke:

charliekuney
07-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Did the jag get the fault for the accident? Or is it on your hands? Either way, sorry about the wreck, NEVER fun.

Oh, and its just a flesh wound :kekeke:

It's obvious he will, but the accident is still being investigated.

MessyHonda
07-05-2009, 12:53 AM
new hood, fernder, bumper and light will fix it up

Joay
07-05-2009, 02:12 AM
OH GOD NO you wrecked my car with really nice wheels and no rust!
That story is extremely similar to the circumstances wherein I totaled my Prelude. Fixable but the crossmember was fuxor'd. I really hope you get paid by that guy in the Jag, I don't see how he could possibly get let off for going the wrong way on an offramp.

charliekuney
07-05-2009, 09:21 AM
new hood, fernder, bumper and light will fix it up

Not even close. The frame is probably bent, and the chassis is definitely split right in front of the front-right tire.

charliekuney
07-05-2009, 09:23 AM
OH GOD NO you wrecked my car with really nice wheels and no rust!
That story is extremely similar to the circumstances wherein I totaled my Prelude. Fixable but the crossmember was fuxor'd. I really hope you get paid by that guy in the Jag, I don't see how he could possibly get let off for going the wrong way on an offramp.

Thanks, man. Sorry about your Lude!

-----

On another note; I obviously need a new car. Anyone know where I can get one, cheap? I could care less for what kind, I would just prefer a manual and a small car...

Vanilla Sky
07-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Too bad you're on the other side of the country. I'd love to have sawblades like that, now that they've grown on me.

At least the car saved you.

Civic Accord Honda
07-05-2009, 11:07 AM
OMFG!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! why :( that car was sooooooo minty :'(...
we should track down the guy in the jag cut off his testicals and make him eat his own balls

Rendon LX-i
07-05-2009, 11:58 AM
well its time to part it out and make some doe off it....

87Dragon
07-05-2009, 12:12 PM
ouch , sorry for the loss, hope you gave the jag driver your verbal 2 sense in some form or another, i woulda been so choked

charliekuney
07-05-2009, 12:12 PM
OMFG!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! why :( that car was sooooooo minty :'(...
we should track down the guy in the jag cut off his testicals and make him eat his own balls

I got his license plate number.

Too bad you're on the other side of the country. I'd love to have sawblades like that, now that they've grown on me.

At least the car saved you.

Edit: You pay for shipping and the wheels themselves. Sorry about the confusion.

ouch , sorry for the loss, hope you gave the jag driver your verbal 2 sense in some form or another, i woulda been so choked

Trust me, I did.

2ndGenGuy
07-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Man that sucks. Sucks mega ass. Where did that happen at?

My friend has a coupe, I bet he'd buy those wheels from you, down here in Olympia. He's looking for some nice ones and a few misc other parts...

w261w261
07-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Mega-years ago, I bought a '71 VW Camperbus in Europe, spent several months over there, and shipped it home, intending to use it to escape from NYC periodically. One day, I was on an exit ramp from a parkway, and what do I see heading right at me, some doofus in my lane. I avoided him, as we were both going no more than 30 mph, but 30+30=60. The next day I took the bus down to the dealer for something, and what should I see in the parking lot, but another bus like mine, with a kind of big dent up front (VW buses had the engine in the rear, btw). I looked inside, and the steering wheel was pushed all the way into the driver's seat. I went home and put it up for sale that very day.

So anyway, the important thing is you are OK. Everything else comes after that. Sorry the 3G died, but you didn't, and it doesn't sound like you got hurt either.

Did the person in the Jag hit anyone? Did he/she stop?

danny nr crew
07-05-2009, 01:13 PM
dude sorry for that bad news i hate stupid ass drivers like that but hopefully u get paid by that asshole

2ndGenGuy
07-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I believe that in WA if someone runs from a wreck, the fault instantly becomes theirs. So if this Jag guy ran, he is in some serious shit, and will be held liable for the damages, especially since you have the guy in the van as a witness. Hope it all works out for you.

charliekuney
07-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Man that sucks. Sucks mega ass. Where did that happen at?

My friend has a coupe, I bet he'd buy those wheels from you, down here in Olympia. He's looking for some nice ones and a few misc other parts...

In Covington, where Highway 18 and Maple Valley Highway "meet". Whomever needs/wants them the most will get them.

Did the person in the Jag hit anyone? Did he/she stop?

They did not have any physical harm to their car or themselves, minus my verbal lashing. Yes, they stopped. They said they were driving the wrong way because "the intersection was confusing".

I'll put up a picture of the van...

dude sorry for that bad news i hate stupid ass drivers like that but hopefully u get paid by that asshole

My hopes are the same as yours. I'm at least going to part-out my 3g. Everything from the firewall-back is perfect (well, and all four wheels and tires).

I believe that in WA if someone runs from a wreck, the fault instantly becomes theirs. So if this Jag guy ran, he is in some serious shit, and will be held liable for the damages, especially since you have the guy in the van as a witness. Hope it all works out for you.

That's definitely true, but he didn't run. If the Jaguar wasn't involved (let's say it was a deer that made the van slam on my brakes), then it would 100% be my fault. Sprinkle a little Jag into the situation...

There was a Volvo SUV (XC70 ?) behind me, and I still wonder why he didn't stop. He only asked if everyone was alright.

-----

Besides everything, I'm okay, for the most part. My back and neck hurt hella and it's hard to walk. I got hurt because my seatbelt did not lock up: I went full-force into the steering wheel. My friend, Chelsy, who was in the car with me, got hurt pretty bad. She's having neck problems from her seatbelt locking up and all. She will have to go to physical therapy, and she might have to wear a neckbrace.

Both people in the van were fine, and their airbags didn't deploy, so their repairs won't be too bad. They were the most amazing crash-victims I have ever encountered: they gave Chelsy and me water and let us chill in their van.

The two people in the Jaguar just sat in their car until the police came. They didn't even care to ask if anyone was okay.

-----

http://i42.tinypic.com/j0i4g9.jpg

2ndGenGuy
07-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Even if they didn't hit you, they might still be at fault for causing the accident. Just this winter, I was run off the road by a lady in a minivan coming head on towards me in my lane... There was no collision between us, but I had no choice but to run my car off the road or hit her. By doing what I did, I minimized damages, and it sounds like that's what you and the minivan had to do too. I would argue that you guys minimized damages by avoiding a head on collision and that there was nothing else you could do. I hope you didn't already admit fault, or else you're probably screwed...

fijisac
07-05-2009, 03:38 PM
omfg!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Why :( that car was sooooooo minty :'(...
We should track down the guy in the jag cut off his testicals and make him eat his own balls

+1

conozo
07-05-2009, 04:07 PM
The rear of those vans are pretty tough. I owned one a little while ago and had someone hit me from behind. They were drivng a heavy 90's buick, they hit me probably going about 15mph. Smashed their bumper, grill, bent headlights down and the van showed absolutely nothing. They hit me all in the bumper though, but still.

mushroom_toy
07-05-2009, 04:27 PM
I would have hit the jag...

charliekuney
07-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I would have hit the jag...

It was an XJ, which weighs like three times as much as a stock 3g [/exaggeration]. If I would have hit them, my passenger and I would have been in way worse shape, and I probably would have flipped my car.

mushroom_toy
07-05-2009, 05:34 PM
It was an XJ, which weighs like three times as much as a stock 3g [/exaggeration]. If I would have hit them, my passenger and I would have been in way worse shape, and I probably would have flipped my car.

Thats when you rip the ebrake and let them hit the rear. I was reading in the thread and saw you mention Covington? Covington where....we have one in Ga.

charliekuney
07-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Thats when you rip the ebrake and let them hit the rear. I was reading in the thread and saw you mention Covington? Covington where....we have one in Ga.

Covington, Washington.

mushroom_toy
07-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Oh.

2ndGenGuy
07-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Thats when you rip the ebrake and let them hit the rear.

Unfortunately, real life doesn't quite work like the movies. Too much Fast and Furious maybe? :uh:

charliekuney
07-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, real life doesn't quite work like the movies. Too much Fast and Furious maybe?

Do you know where the Washington State Patrol's office is? All I know is that it's in Olympia. The officer dude forgot to give my license/registration/insurance back.

mykwikcoupe
07-05-2009, 08:26 PM
you can do a google search for one or better yet try yellowpages.com. They really are everywhere. I believe as a worst case call 911 and say imediatly youd like to speak to a police officer and there is no emergency. the dispatch person should transfer you to the nearest wsp office in your area of calling. i want those wheels but i cant get them for a week or so. You wanna hold them for me. How much do you want for them. i can grab them or have zack grab them for me hes just up the street from you right now and I need to get to his place anyways to pick up some stuff. Sorry for the accident man.

Civic Accord Honda
07-05-2009, 09:26 PM
do you have plans to look for another 3gee or are you getting something else?

jdmca6
07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
:sad2:i fear the extinction of the coupes

MessyHonda
07-05-2009, 10:38 PM
yeah that is in too nice of a shape...anyways if you part it out...i want to check out the taillights

charliekuney
07-05-2009, 11:36 PM
do you have plans to look for another 3gee or are you getting something else?

I am definitely going to get another 3g: most likely one identical to mine, but maybe a different color...

yeah that is in too nice of a shape...anyways if you part it out...i want to check out the taillights

Mine are perfect. Almost all new bulbs, too.

http://i40.tinypic.com/dokxom.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/244v8g5.jpg

Rendon LX-i
07-05-2009, 11:55 PM
i love your house...look at that view....ass hole lol

charliekuney
07-06-2009, 12:03 AM
i love your house...look at that view....ass hole lol

1) That's not my house (it's my mother-in-law's, but she never goes there: it's one of the extra houses...)

2) If you could see through the house from that angle, you can see Canada...

markmdz89hatch
07-06-2009, 06:28 AM
damn man, why's it always gotta be the good one's (cars, not ppl) that get stuffed courtesy of stupid people.

anyway, I know it's a hike, but shipping a car from NY to WA is about $500 (I already looked into doing a shipment in the reverse [WA to NY/CT]).

Looksie here: http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/1248215821.html

2ndGenGuy
07-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Do you know where the Washington State Patrol's office is? All I know is that it's in Olympia. The officer dude forgot to give my license/registration/insurance back.

Yup, you'll have to look for the closest office in your area, like mykwikcoupe said. The head office is a block away from my work, but I doubt the officer in Covington made his way back down here.

charliekuney
07-06-2009, 11:11 AM
damn man, why's it always gotta be the good one's (cars, not ppl) that get stuffed courtesy of stupid people.

anyway, I know it's a hike, but shipping a car from NY to WA is about $500 (I already looked into doing a shipment in the reverse [WA to NY/CT]).

Looksie here: http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/1248215821.html

I teared up when I saw that thing. It's $2,400 (+ $500 shipping). I have $200 on me. Minus towing...

Yup, you'll have to look for the closest office in your area, like mykwikcoupe said. The head office is a block away from my work, but I doubt the officer in Covington made his way back down here.

It's alright: the trooper felt bad and was nice enough to drop my stuff off this morning.

markmdz89hatch
07-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I teared up when I saw that thing. It's $2,400 (+ $500 shipping). I have $200 on me. Minus towing...

Well, $200 now. I'm assuming the police report will show the Jag driver at fault, therefore you'll get re-imbursed the entire kbb value for your car. So, factor in that, minus the 2-300 you'll have to pay the insurance company to buy your car back from them (so you can sell off it's good parts). Providing the officer does determine the other driver completely at fault, and their insurance company has to pay you for the total amount of your car, do no just settle for what they are 'willing' to offer you as a replacement value. If you feel it's an unrealistically low amount, it's your right to argue with them on it. Insurance companies worth on risk and a HUGE profit margin. Their goal is to charge as much as possible for their premiums while still being competitive enough to keep the subscribers they choose based on their risk assessment of them. Then, their pay-outs are typically as low as they could make them. I had to fight with an insurance company earlier this year when my wife was hit by a lunatic that blew through a stop sign and head-on'd her. The insurance company quoted all junkyard and aftermarket parts. I had to argue they needed to replace it with what was broken, which was all oem, and that junkyard parts would need to be repainted, etc, and already had blems in most cases. Then when I got the car back, the auto tranny shit the bed a week later, and this was after I told the body shop, insurance adjuster, and officer at the scene that the car was leaking some fluid from the front end. Needless to say the insurance company didn't want to come up with the $3200 on top of the already $4700 they shelled out for the cosmetic repair. Enough calling and e-mailing and pestering and they did it. But they're still a little sore from the fact they paid out nearly $8K to repair a car that's only booked at like $7K at best.

Anyway, all that and talk this guy down to $2000, and you should end up with a little extra $$ to cover the reg on the new car. Anyone like this guy, who clearly has some emotional tie to their sale, will be willing to take a teenie-bit less when selling to a fellow enthusiast that shares the admiration for their car, and take comfort in knowing it's not just going to 'some kid' that will just abuse the car.

It's alright: the trooper felt bad and was nice enough to drop my stuff off this morning.

Now THAT is law-enforcement at its finest right there. The officer actually went out of his way to get it back to you once he realized he had forgotten to do so yesterday. I am impressed.

charliekuney
07-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Anyway, all that and talk this guy down to $2000, and you should end up with a little extra $$ to cover the reg on the new car. Anyone like this guy, who clearly has some emotional tie to their sale, will be willing to take a teenie-bit less when selling to a fellow enthusiast that shares the admiration for their car, and take comfort in knowing it's not just going to 'some kid' that will just abuse the car.

I emailed him. I want that car so bad. But, I am worried about the sunroof: I'm pretty sure it's aftermarket (see missing switch on dash), and no one in my family has had any good luck with non-stock sunroofs.

Now THAT is law-enforcement at its finest right there. The officer actually went out of his way to get it back to you once he realized he had forgotten to do so yesterday. I am impressed.

Tell me about it: he said he didn't want me to have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to be mailed.

markmdz89hatch
07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I emailed him. I want that car so bad. But, I am worried about the sunroof: I'm pretty sure it's aftermarket (see missing switch on dash), and no one in my family has had any good luck with non-stock sunroofs.

Tell me about it: he said he didn't want me to have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to be mailed.

If you need me to, I MIGHT be able to get up there this coming weekend (or something) depending on how far into NY he is.

I just showed you that because I had found it last week when browsing c/l. Every now and then I come across clean ones like that, so there's more out there, you just have to be patient.

You're right about the sunroof thing, I didn't even think to look for that switch.

LX-incredible
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
That blows. It seems like every week I'm avoiding something like that here... asshole drivers.

I'll fight messy for those taillights, they just don't seem to hold up here in the AZ sun. Might be interested in other interior/exterior parts if you decide to part it.

charliekuney
07-06-2009, 03:41 PM
That blows. It seems like every week I'm avoiding something like that here... asshole drivers.

I'll fight messy for those taillights, they just don't seem to hold up here in the AZ sun. Might be interested in other interior/exterior parts if you decide to part it.

Pemco said they probably won't give me anything for it, so I probably will part it.

Ayeobe
07-06-2009, 04:14 PM
I guess you can look on the bright side.. Your 3gee might give you some kind of insureance claim option, where as mine is considerd "Death by natural causes" and i just gotta find a replacement.. Damn i hate rust.

Although i prefer the hatch, and 4dr, It is sad to see a clean example of these accords so tragically taken from us! Damn..

ZackieDarko
07-06-2009, 08:07 PM
BULL SHIT! that intersection is NOT confusing at all

it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that

did that tard not know that the King Co Sheriff's Office is right there? talk about luck on their end

charliekuney
07-06-2009, 08:38 PM
BULL SHIT! that intersection is NOT confusing at all

it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that

did that tard not know that the King Co Sheriff's Office is right there? talk about luck on their end

How do you know where it was?

MessyHonda
07-06-2009, 11:24 PM
yeah...when does the parting start?

charliekuney
07-07-2009, 10:04 AM
yeah...when does the parting start?

As soon as the insurance is done with the car.

mykwikcoupe
07-07-2009, 02:45 PM
charlie zack lives a few miles from you. you guys didnt even know it. You could have been checking out each others cars and having mini meets and all

charliekuney
07-07-2009, 02:55 PM
charlie zack lives a few miles from you. you guys didnt even know it. You could have been checking out each others cars and having mini meets and all

ZackieDarko - Zack? I'll PM him...

ZackieDarko
07-07-2009, 06:51 PM
ZackieDarko - Zack? I'll PM him...

yeahuurrr that's me

i live right by Kentwood

charliekuney
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
yeahuurrr that's me

i live right by Kentwood

That's...not very close to me. I live by Renton Tech.

mykwikcoupe
07-09-2009, 08:31 PM
i dont know Ive only ever been down there a few times. Its closer in my head maybe

charliekuney
07-09-2009, 11:55 PM
i dont know Ive only ever been down there a few times. Its closer in my head maybe

Ha, it's fine. Remind me in the next few days to let everyone know that I will start parting my car out. Blame the slowness of my auditor...

ZackieDarko
07-10-2009, 07:33 AM
yeah thats a little ways off but not to far

charliekuney
07-10-2009, 09:38 AM
yeah thats a little ways off but not to far

I'm pretty sure you live right by my sister, ha.

2ndGenGuy
07-10-2009, 11:11 AM
There's a surprising amount of members in the Puget Sound area lately....

charliekuney
07-10-2009, 01:30 PM
How about this for a temporary car:

A black-on-black (leather) '89 Prelude Si 5-speed 4WS with only a small oil leak for $1,000?

Edit: It sold, right when I called the guy.

How about an '87 Renault Alliance GTA?

http://images.craigslist.org/3k63mf3l2ZZZZZZZZZ9755e6989caf59e19cd.jpg

2ndGenGuy
07-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Uh French car might not be the best idea... No parts available for it, and you'll definitely need parts lol.

charliekuney
07-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Uh French car might not be the best idea... No parts available for it, and you'll definitely need parts lol.

They were actually made by AMC in the U.S., and for a $1,000 temp car, I wouldn't mind...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_GTA

[Edit: Ewe; 10.2 second 0-60?]

[Edit 2: It's either the Renault, or a '91 Wagovan.]

89lxisedan
07-10-2009, 07:36 PM
i'm sorry to hear about that. a junkyard in my town has a clean shell of an 87 sedan and i slightly dented and beaten coupe that needs an axle or two i know its kinda far but just letting you know

lol me too everytime i go out someone else is driving stupidly

3gmodifier
07-10-2009, 07:44 PM
sorry for ur loss dude

markmdz89hatch
07-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Charlie:

Offer Christina $850 cash, and be prepared to go up to the full asking price (but if she's serious about selling it, she'll counter your $850 with something she's ok with.. Use your smashed coupe to source the parts to convert it over to stick. It's a 3-day job at best if you have an extra set of hand helping you out. Shit I'd jump on this if I could. Sell the wheels for like $350 if you don't like them, and use that $$ to put back into fixing it up if you want.

http://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/1236161973.html

EDIT: Scratch that...

http://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/1248215767.html

Just call her up and tell her you'll take it. $800 is a STEAL for that car.

markmdz89hatch
07-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Here's a hatch too: http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/1263468327.html

At that price, if that damn thing is not rotting into the ground, it's worth $450.

An UBER clean 2G:
http://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/1221904643.html

Go figure out what the hell this is all about too:
http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/1261861648.html

charliekuney
07-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Offer Christina $850 cash...

One word: automatic.

mephi
07-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Check this out. It's about an hour away.
http://lifetimeusedcars.com/detail.php?id=65005&return_page=view_all.php&order_by=make&updown_order=ASC&show_page=10&page_num=

They also have a hatch on the lot but the prices for both are borderline ridiculous.

markmdz89hatch
07-11-2009, 05:23 AM
One word: automatic.

One word: Swap.

You have a perfectly good donor car for all the parts to do a swap. It's a relatively easy swap to do.

That SE-i looks insanely clean for the price, and I would LOVE to drive an SE-i Coupe as a DD.

Shit if the swap was already done and all the suspension bits were overhauled, I'd trade my '02 Protege ES for that damn thing in a heartbeat.

charliekuney
07-11-2009, 09:37 AM
One word: Swap.

You have a perfectly good donor car for all the parts to do a swap. It's a relatively easy swap to do.

That SE-i looks insanely clean for the price, and I would LOVE to drive an SE-i Coupe as a DD.

Shit if the swap was already done and all the suspension bits were overhauled, I'd trade my '02 Protege ES for that damn thing in a heartbeat.

Alright, I'll look into it.

MessyHonda
07-11-2009, 09:43 AM
yeah...even tho its a auto you could swap it...plus the se-is are cool...i waited almost one year and i could not find one....so i just bought an lx-i with goodies

charliekuney
07-11-2009, 09:49 AM
yeah...even tho its a auto you could swap it...plus the se-is are cool...i waited almost one year and i could not find one....so i just bought an lx-i with goodies

I don't see how everyone here can think they're so rare. I know at least four within a square mile of my house...

MessyHonda
07-11-2009, 09:59 AM
yeah but are they beat up? i wanted a clean car

charliekuney
07-11-2009, 02:21 PM
yeah but are they beat up? i wanted a clean car

They were in as good as condition as my LX-i was, except one has a damaged mirror and the sunroof doesn't work.

mephi
07-11-2009, 09:47 PM
The ones in Port Orchard are damn good. I drive by them all the time. They are right across the street from Napa\Westbay.

charliekuney
07-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Offer Christina $850 cash, and be prepared to go up to the full asking price (but if she's serious about selling it, she'll counter your $850 with something she's ok with.. Use your smashed coupe to source the parts to convert it over to stick. It's a 3-day job at best if you have an extra set of hand helping you out. Shit I'd jump on this if I could. Sell the wheels for like $350 if you don't like them, and use that $$ to put back into fixing it up if you want.

Remember that? Well, take a look at this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/1271499298.html

As a bonus, it's down the street...most definitely one of the ones I see all the time.

markmdz89hatch
07-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Remember that? Well, take a look at this:

As a bonus, it's down the street...most definitely one of the ones I see all the time.

GO GET THAT CAR! Hand him $900 cash and take the damn thing home tonight. ...unless that's a little rust I see over the rear wheel wells. If so, offer him $850 and take it home.

Do the 5-spd swap this weekend, and you're not only back on the road with a 5-speed, but you're back on the road with (if it's even possible) a better car than what came off the road not even 2 weeks ago.

2ndGenGuy
07-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Fuck why does this shit always come up when I'm NOT looking. GET IT GET IT GET IT.

Rendon LX-i
07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
damn....get it

MessyHonda
07-16-2009, 12:36 PM
dude...that car is awesome...shit i might have to pick up a 4th 3gee if i ever find one that cheap around here

charliekuney
07-16-2009, 10:25 PM
GO GET THAT CAR! Hand him $900 cash and take the damn thing home tonight. ...unless that's a little rust I see over the rear wheel wells. If so, offer him $850 and take it home.

Do the 5-spd swap this weekend, and you're not only back on the road with a 5-speed, but you're back on the road with (if it's even possible) a better car than what came off the road not even 2 weeks ago.

That's the idea. I don't think it has rust.

Fuck why does this shit always come up when I'm NOT looking. GET IT GET IT GET IT.

It seems to me that there are a lot of 3g's in excellent condition, though with high mileage. But, these things last forever.

damn....get it

I'm planning on it. Someone took a look at my car and said it's irreparable.

dude...that car is awesome...shit i might have to pick up a 4th 3gee if i ever find one that cheap around here

I wouldn't mind having a few or more 3g's.

charliekuney
07-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Dilemma: which one do I choose?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1267084493.html

markmdz89hatch
07-17-2009, 06:40 AM
ok, so the second one is not a bad deal at all either, but IMO the guy is a bit mis-informed, and is hyping his car up to be something greater than it is.

"SE-I means sport induction."
Actually no it doesn't. It means Special Edition and injected (as in electronic fuel injection)

"It has a H4 headlight conversion with crystal blues in it. It also has a short ram intake after market fuel injectors and cam pulley:)"
This scares me because in the sentence before, he also mentioned "it's fast" and "stops great because of 4-wheel disc", which leads me to believe he did push the car pretty well.

"The only bad about this car is a very small ripple in the drivers side fender it's not serious at all."
I call bullshit. That 'very small ripple' looks like Heavy-D went rollin' down a mountain and used this car to stop himself. Plus by the looks of it, it pinched the door a bit too. ...oh and he also forgot to mention the passenger side front corner that's also got some battle wounds.

"It also has a 4:2:1 header from honda but it is high flow."
True. ...but you're basically saying it's a bone stock exhaust manifold with stock piping, and no, no it's not 'high-flow'.

"aluminum honda si rims (they look like acura legend rims but with a h in the middle still
really nice."
Ok, yet again... ..nope. They're stock SE-i 'rims' *technically wheels*. Si? I think not. Oh and yeah, 'still really nice' but missing the drivers side rear center cap.

The front corners look like they're night-shaded or maybe the JDM corners. The armrest cover/pad is missing. The headrests are missing. What the hell is that mark on the dash? It's got an aftermarket steering wheel and shift knob. I don't think the mirrors came painted from factory. The drivers side seat looks like it's from a newer Accord, or has been oddly reupholstered.

Overall, despite my bashing the piss-poor marketing hype that ad is littered with, it's not a bad deal. But it doesn't hold a candle to that other minty one. Without a second thought I'd get the auto without the body damage, with the very well known history, with the straight body, and completely bone-stock. Hell I'd rock the auto for a while too, why not. I hate autos, and have vowed never to intentionally purchase another one for myself, but for that one I'd easily make the exception.

charliekuney
07-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Scratch that, the nice automatic was sold.

markmdz89hatch
07-17-2009, 09:34 AM
yeah at that price, it was a 'jump on it' deal. So go for the stick, but don't give the guy the grand he was asking. Maybe start it at like $800 and go up to 9 if you feel the need to.

charliekuney
07-17-2009, 08:57 PM
yeah at that price, it was a 'jump on it' deal. So go for the stick, but don't give the guy the grand he was asking. Maybe start it at like $800 and go up to 9 if you feel the need to.

He had it at $1,800 (so he says), but he does sound pretty desperate to sell it. He also said he wants at least $900, and I told him I'd work it out with him tomorrow. It has some common transmission swap and a stage two clutch. I will need to find new fenders and headrests, and preferably the stock shifter, but that shouldn't be a problem.

epic1400cs
07-18-2009, 04:56 AM
I am sorry for the loss of your car! Good luck with the negotiation. Hope better car popping up at the last minutes!

charliekuney
08-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I know this is an old-ass thread, but I wanted to show everyone what I found on Craigslist for $300. It has 280k miles, but I can just swap out the motor and transmission with 180k miles from my car. It needs a driver's side mirror (have that) and a new bumper, but that's all I can see from the outside. I'm definitely swapping out those hubs for my blades.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ytqvc0.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/rbyu8g.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/25fk6de.jpg

itzdave
08-13-2009, 10:36 PM
BUT THAT SHIT NOW!!! i dont live too far either, i can help if ya need it...

Civic Accord Honda
08-13-2009, 11:27 PM
fuck yeah!! awesome man!

charliekuney
08-14-2009, 09:08 AM
BUT THAT SHIT NOW!!! i dont live too far either, i can help if ya need it...

Well, she said it needs a new ECU, and after talking to Mike about that, he thinks it's probably the main relay. So, I'm taking both of mine down with me today and swapping them out one at a time to figure out what's wrong with her car.

Joay
08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
That's the spirit! Can't keep a 3Geezer down for long.

charliekuney
08-14-2009, 09:23 AM
'Smells Like 3gee Spirit' by Nirvana.

charliekuney
12-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I know this is an old thread and no one cares about what goes on in my life, but here's what's up about the accident:

The ticket I received was dropped. Not waived, not lowered. Dropped completely. Thrown out. The Jaguar couldn't get out of his, obviously. So, my parents and I were wondering if we should go after the Jaguar for both of my cars and for medical and insurance bills since it's proving to be their fault. They should have to pay for the car that was totaled, and the car that I was forced to buy to replace it. Medical bills because if they hadn't have done what they did, I wouldn't have any medical or insurance bills.

Oh, on the good side: Since this and my other ticket were dropped, my insurance went down almost back to normal (other than having to pay for the damage to the van and my friend's medical bills).

Man, I miss my car. It makes me sad thinking about it.

lostforawhile
12-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I know this is an old thread and no one cares about what goes on in my life, but here's what's up about the accident:

The ticket I received was dropped. Not waived, not lowered. Dropped completely. Thrown out. The Jaguar couldn't get out of his, obviously. So, my parents and I were wondering if we should go after the Jaguar for both of my cars and for medical and insurance bills since it's proving to be their fault. They should have to pay for the car that was totaled, and the car that I was forced to buy to replace it. Medical bills because if they hadn't have done what they did, I wouldn't have any medical or insurance bills.

Oh, on the good side: Since this and my other ticket were dropped, my insurance went down almost back to normal (other than having to pay for the damage to the van and my friend's medical bills).

Man, I miss my car. It makes me sad thinking about it.if he did cause the wreck, and caused all those bills, of course he should have to pay for the damages. it's not like he bumped you and you fell out of the car holding your neck. I mean he was driving the wrong way down an exit ramp!!

mykwikcoupe
12-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Id go after him for sure. If your not liable then he is and at the least would have to pay to replace or fair morket value of your car. Think of what you could get then with what you have saved. You could have the cleanest pinkest del sol on the board

griffonks
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Yes sir I believe that you should go after the other driver. Many times the at fault insurance company will stall or balk so then the best way is to sue the owner directly, that will get some attention. The case should be open and shut. Good luck and I hope you are made right.

Civic Accord Honda
12-27-2009, 09:23 PM
sue the bastard.

charliekuney
12-28-2009, 10:17 AM
I'm going to talk to my parents, my lawyer, and my aunt about going after them. Mike, I'm dropping the two-seater idea. I need a sedan, for now.

Mellexx
12-29-2009, 08:46 AM
sue the bastard.

Agreed, it was his fault after all. You deserve at least what the coupe was worth from it and whatever other bills he caused.

charliekuney
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Wow, it's been a year since this shit happened. Times flies.

Sorry, just had to throw that out there.

Bglad420
07-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Did you sue his ass?

charliekuney
07-04-2010, 01:04 PM
We're still incurring legal problems, haha.

Bglad420
07-04-2010, 01:10 PM
That's lame, I totally missed this thread. I had some of the same bull shit happen to me once. What a fucking headache.

charliekuney
07-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I really miss that car. It was such a loss.