PDA

View Full Version : Coolant temp sensor tw sensor

Bluntman
07-06-2009, 11:28 AM
It is the inner one closest to the head on the t stat housing. Am I correct?

And the outer one is ?

Bluntman
07-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Well the sending unit to the gauge is on the side of the housing with one lead wire, I just noticed that. But what sensors are what on top of the t stat housing?

Bluntman
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Found it after doing a serach, Thanks anyway.

jasonrebellion
07-06-2009, 12:31 PM
double check the years, because i believe they were switched from 87 to 88-89... i replaced the wrong one at first and ended up havin to replace both

Bluntman
07-06-2009, 02:59 PM
double check the years, because i believe they were switched from 87 to 88-89... i replaced the wrong one at first and ended up havin to replace both

I have an 88 Lxi. And am working on my friends 87 Lxi. They show to be the same. Does not start after hot, let it sit for a while and starts fine again. The pump is good, spark is good, I changed the main relay, fuel filter,new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and fuel is getting to the rail. Smells like it floods whan hot and not starting. So through researching, it may be the TW sensor. I hope.

w261w261
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I have an 88 Lxi. And am working on my friends 87 Lxi. They show to be the same. Does not start after hot, let it sit for a while and starts fine again. The pump is good, spark is good, I changed the main relay, fuel filter,new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and fuel is getting to the rail. Smells like it floods whan hot and not starting. So through researching, it may be the TW sensor. I hope.

Did you check for blinks on the ECU? 6 flashes can mean the TW sensor is bad. Under the driver's seat.

Bluntman
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Did you check for blinks on the ECU? 6 flashes can mean the TW sensor is bad. Under the driver's seat.

I have the code list.Right now it is throwing egr code 12. I have it just have to put it in. Then i will reset and see if it spits out a tw sensor code. But that is all I can think of.