PDA

View Full Version : Rear trailing arm bushing diameter

Strugglebucket
07-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Does anybody have a trailing arm bushing lying around? I need to know the outside diameter of one of these bushings.

LX-incredible
07-06-2009, 08:17 PM
No other honda bushing matches up. I've tried, it's an oddball. But I can get measurements in a day or two if you would like.

Strugglebucket
07-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm going to try and make a housing bored out for an M12 spherical bearing.

If you can get measurements with a set of calipers that would be awesome.

88LXi68
07-07-2009, 04:35 AM
are your current bushings ripped? I know this is a known problem with EFs,EGs,DAs,DCs and EKs.

I have never seen any ripping on any of my trailing arms...so I am just curious

Civic Accord Honda
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
VERY common on EF/EDs^ both are trashed on the 91.. along with every other bushing heh

Strugglebucket
07-07-2009, 02:17 PM
The bushings are fine I replaced them about 4 years ago. I want to get rid of the fore/aft deflection. Going to do the same thing with the radius rod bushings. Typing on phone suck.

Oldblueaccord
07-09-2009, 06:33 AM
I would go solid in the rear either plastic or aluminium. I am having very good luck with the blue nylon plastic in alot of my bushings. The 4 small bushings at the end of the link I dont understand what there there for??? :dunno:

The radius rod bushings the replacements are very hard good improvement over the old stocks. I got a write up on here.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42403&highlight=Strut+rod+bushings

If you go solid up there I would replaced the front support totally with homemade or aftermarket and go heim joints both ends. I dont think a solid bushing up there would work without some kinda bind but you can try it and prove me worng.

wp

Strugglebucket
07-09-2009, 04:11 PM
The trailing arm bushings I don't want solid because they have to be able to swivel a tiny bit. The way the rear suspension is set up, it toes in the more it moves away from static height. If I use a spherical bearing, I can get rid of the deflection but still allow the suspension to keep its natural range of motion.

On the radius rods, the moog bushings are what I have now. Solid definately would not work there. I want to use a spherical bearing setup.

b20a86lude
08-04-2009, 12:47 PM
i waan see pix