PDA

View Full Version : starting noises

jasonrebellion
07-07-2009, 11:32 AM
every now and again, my car makes an odd noise while it's starting. don't get me wrong, it starts fine every time, but sometimes it makes a weird racket and the rpms shoot up really high to like 4000...any ideas? I'm not getting any codes at all..my first impression was the starter, but it turns over fine

jasonrebellion
07-07-2009, 11:33 AM
when i said shoot up to like 4000, it goes up and comes back down...although it does seem to idle high until i put it in drive

1987AccordLx-i
07-07-2009, 12:53 PM
wow thats a new one for me.. check your vac lines man.. you could have a leak.. if possible take a vid of it and put the link here.. hopefully someone else will drop in on the subject and help out more then i can..

jdmca6
07-07-2009, 01:11 PM
that happenedto me 1 time
it shot up to 4k then went down then 4k then down like wtf
then it never happened again!:wtf:

conozo
07-07-2009, 01:42 PM
coolant level ok?
throttle binding?
cel or codes?

jasonrebellion
07-07-2009, 01:43 PM
it did it again a lil bit ago but didn't shoot the rpms up......so it doesn't do it all the time....do 3 geez have a crank angle sensor? and if they do would that cause it?

jasonrebellion
07-07-2009, 01:45 PM
coolant level ok?
throttle binding?
cel or codes?

i didn't think to check the throttle cable...good idea......if it was stuck down a lil it might cause that....thanks! I've got plenty of coolant.....no codes. i don't think there's a light...i thought it blinked on once when i started so i cut the engine off and checked the ecu right there in the chinese restaurant parking lot, and there wasn't a code so it might've just been from where i turned the car on... I'm currently hunting another 3 gee in the area where the owner doesn't assume it's worth 3000 dollars cause it's a Honda when it has 200,000 miles...we have a few people round that have tried selling those lol...if I find another one...this one'll probly end up bein the parts car..but til then it's my DD