PDA

View Full Version : Any carb guys w/ K&N?

LxAcc510
07-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Hello 3geez. Any Lx/Dx guys here running the K&N Air filter on their cars?

Did you notice any type of gains in general?
MPGs?
Response?
Etc.?

Reason I ask is I'd like to get some feedback before I actually go out and spend $50 for an air filter when i can just buy cheapo ones that do a satisfactory job.

TIA :wave:

84Accord
07-07-2009, 11:25 PM
im running a K&N on my 2g with a chopped lid. i personally like the sound. i picked up a noticeable 1-2mpg better. and as far as response its a little bit better. but i dont see any power gain.

2oodoor
07-08-2009, 02:45 AM
no it is not worth that kind of money, just keep a clean element in there and you are good...
save that fifty bucks for a weber kit.

gtmst3
07-08-2009, 04:13 AM
yeah i have one and i noticed no difference

MessyHonda
07-08-2009, 07:09 AM
yeah i have one in my dx....im glad i just spend like 38 bucks...because it doesnt really do anything

markmdz89hatch
07-08-2009, 07:20 AM
I'm with everyone else on here. I had bought one a long time ago too. I would only consider one now as a long-term investment because it's washable and reusable. It may eventually pay for itself, but don't forget to factor in the cost of the oil to re-oil it.

If you want a cheap little mod that sounds cool, flip the lid and you'll get a cool throttle sound from it.

I'm with Roo. Save the money and start pinching pennies and get yourself a Weber. That's a pretty cheap upgrade and WILL make a hell of a difference in throttle response, feel, and add a bit more power.

For now, I vote you just keep a clean filter in there and work on the more effective stuff. (ie. cat-back, header, cam, etc)

gtmst3
07-08-2009, 08:53 AM
mine cost 50 too but they have a one million mile guarantee and the recharge kit at autozone in my area is 10 dollars