PDA

View Full Version : POwer AcouStikS???????..Expert INputs??

MyGarbageLXi
10-01-2002, 05:43 PM
Power Acoustik FUBR 12'' s??? anyone have these, ever heard them, ever heard OF them? theere likes 2 reiveiws on them on the WHOLE interent anyone Help PLease, they run 900 RMs Peak at 1800watts, 1 year warrenty, These or Cervin Vega 12's 1(2d4's) HELP also wat kinda encloser is best for Punch, i wanna be able to hear sick Heart beat shit..help with that?? Sealed, ported ..def no Bandpass...but what should i do??? i alreay have a box mad e for 12's Good old Woods clas hahaha...should i vent it??? or not? EXpert INput??

MyGarbageLXi
10-02-2002, 05:47 PM
HELLOOO ANYONE

Vanilla Sky
10-02-2002, 07:20 PM
hit the board with a link to the product info of the subs... i've heard of them, but i think there are better for the money... which vegas are those??

Derick

87AccordsterLx
10-03-2002, 12:35 PM
I have 2 P.A. tweets and I love them to death... I've only heard good things about the company... but if its between them and the Vegas...go with the Vega's... Also the setup of box has a lot to do with the type of music that you listen to as well as your current cars aplication... what I mean by that is... Bandpass boxes are used most effectively in SUV's where air flow is unrestricted... ported boxes will push more air as well and arent that useful in closed trunks... Hatch's mabye but for a closed trunk aplication I would recomend a sealed enclosure... by the way... what type of wood did you use for the box??? I hope it was MDF... if not I would recomend that you make another one with it... it needs to be properly sealed with the correct glue... I have two Pioneer IMPP's 600w 12's in a sealed custom made Rockford fosgate box... pushed by a 400w Interfire amp bridged in parallel... Its nothing but clean beats and good fun... if you have any questions... keep posting...

MyGarbageLXi
10-04-2002, 11:32 AM
MDF???? its made out of Fiberboard, the really tigh shit 3/4 inch thick, super sealed all around, well madeif i do say so myslef Wats this MDF?? i dont nkow wat the shit i used Mjor Applications are, but its the stuff taht all boxes u buy at the store are made from, so i assume its right

87AccordsterLx
10-04-2002, 07:55 PM
MDF is a high density wood that is used for several aplications... in car audio it does a very good job with sub boxes due to its density... post a thread on MDF vs Fiberboard and see what people have to say.... Im sure fiberboard with work fine but MDF has the best overall sound/feedback...

87AccordsterLx
10-04-2002, 07:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1384104310

just an example

http://www.caraudiofactory.com/3212big2.jpg

dXsquared
10-04-2002, 10:56 PM
MDF is medium density fibreboard! damn... u know everythang but u know so little. just shows what happens when u speak and dont know what ur sayin. u probably got that guy all worked up over the MDF and now he's all fucked up.

dont worry...3/4'' is purrfect! how big is this box? and btw check out www.justwoofers.com for some sweet deals!
Travis

MyGarbageLXi
10-05-2002, 12:08 PM
hey man thanks,ive really been looking around, I found those Power Acoustiks online for lik 89 Bux, try Dealtime.com that site is SICK for car audio, I also found those Vegas for 99 Anyone who was wondring im talkin about the Cerwin Vega 12d4's Vega Series, they are wickedd......ahhh oh yeah,..DXhatch.....its a big box...... 34" Wide, 14" tall and i think its 19" Deep (the bottom piece is like 19"x34") its slanted at like 60 degrees or so...not sure... its sweet and fits the trunk Nice ,anyone thinking of ,making abox.. lemme know ive got a plan i can Scan and Give to u, itll Fit our trunks Nice, u can screw on the amp to the back, and Cut out holes for 8"s 10"s or 12"s, with some mods to the plan i can make one for 15"s if u really must, PM me if u need

87AccordsterLx
10-08-2002, 10:16 AM
dude... what are you talking about... why would he be fucked up by using MDF... ok so I thought it was high density and its medium... big deal.... MDF is the correct wood used to make sub boxes... obviously you havent heard the difference....