PDA

View Full Version : Popping noise from front right?

mushroom_toy
07-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Well Ive been having this problem for a few months now and its seemingly harmless but annoying. I hear a pop after the tranny changes from first to second sometimes, sometimes at deceleration, and sometimes just outta the blue, sound like its coming from front right, but cant determine what it is. When I had the wheel off I looked at all the bushings and everything and tried to move the wheel by hand front to back and up and down and no problems there. Im gonna investigate more this weekend, but anyone have any ideas?

Pico
07-08-2009, 09:06 PM
there is a mount located on the transmission on the passenger side, it's the a/t mount.
Is yours in good condition? yours is a/t right
That may be the problem

Rendon LX-i
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
i saw i just saw a post like this like this morning lol....ball joints. umm torque arm bushings went out on me and i replaced em and was good then

mushroom_toy
07-08-2009, 09:10 PM
will def. be checking that stuff out this weekend.

1ajs
07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
also plastic gravel gard can make noises

or the shock tower also could be doing it..

mushroom_toy
07-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Not the shock towers....lol my extended ones are so tight nothing could break em loose.... No rocks in my plastic either. :(

Civic Accord Honda
07-08-2009, 11:41 PM
radius rod bushings

1ajs
07-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Not the shock towers....lol my extended ones are so tight nothing could break em loose.... No rocks in my plastic either. :(
i ment the plastic gard ratling it does on mk3gee alot its friggin anoying we pulled it off to look at stuff and didn't put it back on and bam the noise went away but man we found alot of rust :(

2oodoor
07-09-2009, 09:26 AM
torque arm, check all motor and tranny mounts for being centered/ check downpipe flange bolts, the ones that bolt it up to the back of the block. Exhaust clearance beyond the flexpipe.
Check for things above the hood line, as you close the hood something could be hitting it as well. good luck!

mushroom_toy
07-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Well took the right side radius rod off today and checked the bushing....they looked fine so I didnt get any. Went to the parts store to get some paint and ended up getting some energy suspension bushing for the end links since I had the wheels off, and finally went and got some bolts from lowes. Well put em on got all my wheels on and the radius rod back on and went down the road to see if the bushing made any difference. as far as I can tell there was no popping on my little run around the house and I was driving pretty hard. Im wondering if its fixed somehow....guess ill find out tomorrow.

89T
07-11-2009, 06:35 PM
if you are running adjustable lowering springs and the spring is not centered when the car is lowered down off the jack, it will cause a poping sound also.

RC30
07-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a CV Joint perhaps. Have a look at the CV boots. Usually pretty obvious when they spit the grease out all over.

mushroom_toy
07-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a CV Joint perhaps. Have a look at the CV boots. Usually pretty obvious when they spit the grease out all over.

Not the case. I know when they're going bad. :) Mine are in good shape. Drivers side was replaced about 6 months ago.

SOHC
07-12-2009, 12:03 AM
It could be your Torgue arms, that was my problem. now I'm jut getting a Ting sound out of my shock tower.