PDA

View Full Version : fuel filters for weber 38

mephi
07-09-2009, 04:14 PM
What is everyone using, especially when replacing the fuel pump with a bigger better non-stock pump?

cygnus x-1
07-09-2009, 07:25 PM
When I was running the 38 I just used one of those cheap clear plastic Fram filters you get at Autozone. Those things will flow way more than our motors will ever need.

C|

2ndGenGuy
07-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Yup that's what I have too. I'd just avoid those fancy looking glass ones, they'll get broken and then you'll not be happy!

mephi
07-10-2009, 12:28 AM
Just one? I know the original had 2 for some reason, but I'm not exactly sure why...

turabaka
07-10-2009, 12:10 PM
yeah I just use 1 inline fuel filter now.

2ndGenGuy
07-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I still have one that comes right off the gas tank. That one catches all the big shit that comes out of the tank. I dunno if the 3gee has that or not. But everything that somehow gets past that gets caught up by the carb. I don't mind having them both.

turabaka
07-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I still have one that comes right off the gas tank. That one catches all the big shit that comes out of the tank. I dunno if the 3gee has that or not. But everything that somehow gets past that gets caught up by the carb. I don't mind having them both.

I would still have that filter on mine, but I used the bracket to mount my holley pump.

mephi
07-11-2009, 01:09 AM
I would still have that filter on mine, but I used the bracket to mount my holley pump.

Does your fuel pump buzz like crazy?

turabaka
07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
yep. I can hear it all the time at idle. It used to annoy me, but now I kinda like it. It's reassuring the hear the fuel pump actually working.

lostforawhile
07-11-2009, 10:04 AM
don't get the clear plastic or glass filters,those things ought to be banned, i had one unscrew itself too, they are an accident waiting to happen, fine on your lawnmower, not on your car. talking about the ones that unscrew with the filter element inside.

mephi
07-11-2009, 09:52 PM
I put my Summit pump in the same spot and the tank acts like a resonating chamber and makes the whole thing buzz like crazy. I always get the "what's wrong with your car?" look, but that usually goes away after I leave a black cloud behind me. Need to adjust my carb again. Just about had the thing dialed in, but had to change to a different regulator.

Does anyone know where I can get an after market intake fuel screen too?

turabaka
07-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I put my Summit pump in the same spot and the tank acts like a resonating chamber and makes the whole thing buzz like crazy. I always get the "what's wrong with your car?" look, but that usually goes away after I leave a black cloud behind me. Need to adjust my carb again. Just about had the thing dialed in, but had to change to a different regulator.

Does anyone know where I can get an after market intake fuel screen too?

Yeah I remember Bitesize asking me what that buzzing noise was on the way to Portland. It took me a minute to remember what it was because I honestly didn't hear it at first. I guess I've gotten so used to it that my brain tunes it out most of the time now.

mephi
07-12-2009, 01:57 AM
I just tell everyone it's my supercharger.