PDA

View Full Version : '89 Bose Amp?

JC Barker
07-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Just wondering if anyone might know of any stock '89 Bose amps available anywhere? If not, any feedback on these repair places that are out there?

Thanks

2drSE-i
07-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Just wondering if anyone might know of any stock '89 Bose amps available anywhere? If not, any feedback on these repair places that are out there?

Thanks

I'm almost positive you can't get a new one anymore. I have one that i think works, it was working at the time that i pulled it out because two of my speakers were blown.

w261w261
07-10-2009, 10:31 AM
I sent mine back to Bose and they fixed it for about $100, but that was 4 or 5 years ago. Best bet is to get one from someone here that's pulled it out of a wreck.

JC Barker
07-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm almost positive you can't get a new one anymore. I have one that i think works, it was working at the time that i pulled it out because two of my speakers were blown.

Wanna part with it??

I sent mine back to Bose and they fixed it for about $100, but that was 4 or 5 years ago. Best bet is to get one from someone here that's pulled it out of a wreck.

Thanks for the feedback. Kind of my thought also.

2drSE-i
07-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Wanna part with it??

Thanks for the feedback. Kind of my thought also.

Would love to, pm me with an offer.

import racer
07-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Throw it out and get a real amp,it's not worth it.

MessyHonda
07-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Throw it out and get a real amp,it's not worth it.

yeah any amp now days will be better

frantik
07-13-2009, 03:52 AM
yeah, except if he wants to keep his stock head unit (volume knob on steering wheel ftw) and/or not deal with rewiring his stereo

JC Barker
07-13-2009, 07:14 AM
yeah, except if he wants to keep his stock head unit (volume knob on steering wheel ftw) and/or not deal with rewiring his stereo

Yep, that would be the case. We're talking about a stock ride with 35,000 original miles and the urge to keep it that way. Just looking to get some good sound back, for these old ears. Don't need to show everyone on the road how much I can make my car rattle.

Thanks for looking in and the advice, 'tho.

Jeff

Dr_Snooz
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Yep, that would be the case. We're talking about a stock ride with 35,000 original miles and the urge to keep it that way. Just looking to get some good sound back, for these old ears. Don't need to show everyone on the road how much I can make my car rattle.

Thanks for looking in and the advice, 'tho.

Jeff

It's not so much about making a lot of racket. Just making good sounding racket. Bose has good marketing, and they have the occasional good piece but all in all, I avoid their stuff. You have to decide if you want it stock (and that stereo is rare) but for good sound, I'd buy an Alpine.

Hash_man_Se_i
07-13-2009, 10:49 PM
whoa... 35,000 miles... Need pictures asap... sorry for being off topic lol.

But yes, try and track one down from a wrecker or another member, hopefully 2drse-i can help you out. I had 2 from my old se-i's but sold them to a member on the board. Keeping steering wheel controls and changing out the deck is a bit of work in the se-i's.

MessyHonda
07-15-2009, 10:12 AM

yup...i still think the ipod hook up you have is sick for a stock deck

JC Barker
07-17-2009, 07:20 AM
whoa... 35,000 miles... Need pictures asap... sorry for being off topic lol.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=964854#post964854