PDA

View Full Version : o0o where can i find a b20a

kreativekvs209
07-10-2009, 10:54 AM
i'm sorry if there's already a thread about this .. and i'll be happy if you delete this thread if you do. ( just point it out )..

i am looking for a jdm accord b20a.?? does anyone know where i can find one a importer prefered. hopfully somwhere in california. i've been looking all over hte place... called a hand full of importers with no luck maybe someone here can help me out.^^

markmdz89hatch
07-10-2009, 12:20 PM
well it's not so much the motor that's the difficult thing to come across. The most difficult is finding a 5-spd tranny for it. Auto's are pretty easy to find, but stick... ...not so much.

MessyHonda
07-11-2009, 10:16 AM
i bought mine off a guy in stockton...but he had to get them imported

2oodoor
07-11-2009, 10:22 AM
laugh out loud:rly:
the auto combos arnt so easy to find either and even so those are quite an upgrade as well IMO from experience

MessyHonda
07-11-2009, 10:26 AM
laugh out loud:rly:
the auto combos arnt so easy to find either and even so those are quite an upgrade as well IMO from experience

i still want to see some videos....im happy you got your b20 running

snoopyloopy
07-11-2009, 02:00 PM
your best bet would be to contact wohdog (or accordb20a i think he is now) or a18a who both live in nz and seem to come across the b20a with a higher frequency than anyone else on the board. they can pull it for you and ship it, but it's not cheap. shipping will probably run you at least us$700 and that would be in addition to whatever they have to pay to buy from jy or wherever they manage to find it. so realistically, i'd say plan to spend in the neighborhood of us$1500-$1800 to get it to your door. and hopefully it's in running condition when you get it too bc parts are near impossible to find. so not to discourage you, but just so you see the costs involved and all. it's not like a zc that you can get ultra cheap then find parts 12/$0.10.

2drSE-i
07-11-2009, 07:47 PM
your best bet would be to contact wohdog (or accordb20a i think he is now) or a18a who both live in nz and seem to come across the b20a with a higher frequency than anyone else on the board. they can pull it for you and ship it, but it's not cheap. shipping will probably run you at least us$700 and that would be in addition to whatever they have to pay to buy from jy or wherever they manage to find it. so realistically, i'd say plan to spend in the neighborhood of us$1500-$1800 to get it to your door. and hopefully it's in running condition when you get it too bc parts are near impossible to find. so not to discourage you, but just so you see the costs involved and all. it's not like a zc that you can get ultra cheap then find parts 12/$0.10.

I think they shipped that full crate over for around 400. I could be way off though...

Ichiban
07-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I believe the crate with two engines, mine and johns, and an extra tranny was somewhere in the 1200 dollar range for shipping. I'd recommend doing a mini group buy with a couple other people to reduce the shipping cost.

2drSE-i
07-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I believe the crate with two engines, mine and johns, and an extra tranny was somewhere in the 1200 dollar range for shipping. I'd recommend doing a mini group buy with a couple other people to reduce the shipping cost.

Oh jesus, ya i was way off.

Tomisimo
07-12-2009, 10:44 AM
yes, its all true!! But the only good thing with accordB20a or A18a as that they know what they selling, you get whole engine swap with wiring and maybe even some extra parts. Manual is not that hard to find, but its hard to find good running shape engine at JY.
'but yes' it going to cost you. But on the other hand, if you decided to build sleeper than go for it!!

snoopyloopy
07-12-2009, 01:32 PM
yes, its all true!! But the only good thing with accordB20a or A18a as that they know what they selling, you get whole engine swap with wiring and maybe even some extra parts. Manual is not that hard to find, but its hard to find good running shape engine at JY.
'but yes' it going to cost you. But on the other hand, if you decided to build sleeper than go for it!!
very correct. a lot of shops might be inclined to source for you the b20a from the 3g prelude which will not be of much good to you. so it's definitely a plus to have the people getting it know what exactly is needed. especialy aB20a since he's swapped quite a few cars back and forth between a20a and b20a so he knows exactly what is really needed and what is just nice to have along.

kreativekvs209
07-13-2009, 08:58 AM
wow great info... i do have my best bud living in okinawa japan... so if i wanted to get it imported myself that would probably the way i would go. i was kinda hoping to to find one state side.. but thanks for the info anyways... btw i'm probably gonna buy the one from a member of 3geez^^