PDA

View Full Version : stereo troubles

Rolin' Stock
07-11-2009, 12:21 PM
ok...on my 88 dx i had a stereo instaled (just radio). and a week later it just stoped producing sound to the speakers...exept when it made the speakers make a poping noise when i turned on the radio. a few days went by and i was leaving my home and it mysteriously started working again. so its been about 4 months and today i went to start the car and the radio played. but only for a few seconds then it starts fading out and giving alittle static...then it just stoped working...but all the lights on it and all the functions were fine it just didnt make sound...not even static. so i turn my car off and then back on...still nothing....so i cheack the fuse and its fine. so i disconect the wire majigy and reconect it....that didnt work. so i disconected the battery and reconected it...i turn the key on and it works. so i start the car and it stops working again...so i repeated the battery thing and got the same result. plz help me...i need my driving music

Rolin' Stock
07-11-2009, 12:24 PM
oops..didnt mean for it to be that long

ghettogeddy
07-11-2009, 01:04 PM
sounds like its grounding out on something to me first start by pulling the deck out and unplugging speakers wires in pairs meaning both wires that go to a speaker and rule them out if its one of them just run a new wire then check to be sure you ground is good if not replace it so forth so on

Rolin' Stock
07-11-2009, 07:54 PM
it started working again...if it acks up again ill do that