PDA

View Full Version : A/C Clutch fuse repeatedly blowing

nfs480
07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
My No. 5 under dash fuse (10A, labelled "Rear defroster") keeps blowing. I then replaced it with a 20A fuse which lasted for about a week before blowing as well. I put in a 10A fuse today and it blew immediately when I pressed the A/C button.

I'm looking at the wiring diagram in the shop manual on page 23-4 (it's an se-i so fuel injected) and I really don't know what i'm doing when it comes to troubleshooting electrical problems, i've probably gone through 5 fuses already. Anyone have any suggestions for how to fix it, when the fuse isn't blown the A/C works great and blows freezing cold air!

LX-incredible
07-13-2009, 05:40 PM
That fuse also powers the AC delay unit, heater control buttons, function control motor, and rec/fresh motor.

It sounds like the clutch or the wiring to the clutch is the problem. I have the 89 electrical troubleshooting manual and that's really the only thing that's standing out for me...

1987AccordLx-i
07-16-2009, 12:00 AM
since were on the topic... sometimes when i turn the key to the ON position i can hear the a/c clutch engage even tho the car isnt on... how is this happening?

EDIT: the cars an 89 lxi coupe 5spd